Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help identify part JE9-3 relay and a repaceent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help identify part JE9-3 relay and a repaceent.

Hello, people.
    I hope you are all doing fine and well in these crazy times.

I have a question about a relay as I can't find this specific model.
    The markings say:

JE9-3
    24HST(156)(555)

Now, this is likely a 24V latchig relay. I took it out of a light timer device used in residential buildings: you press the light switch in the hallway, the stairway lights come on and then turn off after the time set on the device has elapsed (the time is set with a pot).
    The relay stopped working and something rattles inside it, so it's probably the cause why the device isn't switching the lights anymore.

The PCB has holes for both this type and a more usual vertically mounted relay, there has to be some equivalents.

Can you help identify a proper replacement? I'd like to try to fix the device. Thank you all in advance.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by UserXP; 10-14-2021, 06:55 AM.

Re: Help identify part JE9-3 relay and a repaceent.

The full part number seems to be JE9-3-24HST. I'm going to guess that "24" refers to the coil voltage. The brand seems to be Hongfa or Hong Fa.
    PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
    To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Thank you, Pete.
      Searching the web using the data on the casing gives very few results. None containing that 555 number, I don't know what it stands for and whether it is relevant to the model. All I found is the one with 551 marking.

What kind of a relay do you think could have these ratings but of different mounting? Maybe that would give more search results. If there is an equivalet of a different design, or so. The PCB has holes for those narrower, vertical (and sometimes transparent) relays, maybe there is one that could be used instead of the original one? I checked with local electronics stores, they have never seen the model from the picture.
      Thanks so much.

Comment

Originally posted by UserXP View Post
        Thank you, Pete.
        Searching the web using the data on the casing gives very few results. None containing that 555 number, I don't know what it stands for and whether it is relevant to the model. All I found is the one with 551 marking.

Thanks so much.
        JE9324HSTR3 Datasheet (PDF) - Hongfa Technology
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X