Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DMHC DC Motor Controller for Electric Quad

Originally posted by eccerr0r View Post
    Well you'll have to go and test each device on the board and see if any are dead. Not enough data here for us to really give any additional suggestions at this point, picture angles are insufficient.
    Ive just ordered a replacement controller, seems alot quicker in the long run as taking a week at a time for components to arrive

Comment

Yep, agreed, imagine if you took my advice from my post a week ago today no offense intended, but sometimes these things take a boatload of damage when reverse connected. Would be nice if all electronics had protection or designed for accidental reversal, but it would increase price a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by eccerr0r View Post
        Yep, agreed, imagine if you took my advice from my post a week ago today no offense intended, but sometimes these things take a boatload of damage when reverse connected. Would be nice if all electronics had protection or designed for accidental reversal, but it would increase price a lot.
        Would have been alot quicker lol

Comment

Hopefully the controller that you are buying is very well marked so this mistake will not happen again but if you find that it not marked very well please take the time to mark the wire leads correctly and easily seen to lower the risk of hooking it wrong ( or all the wires are the same exact color which is also a nightmare to deal with I would use different color heat sink tubing for the battery connectors preferably red and black )

I have had to do this myself quite a few times because the device was not marked correctly or was not marked at all

I have even seen circuit boards with no ledger on it at and you had trace the circuit to know how to connect it up correctly this can be a nightmare to do
          Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 11-25-2021, 01:22 AM.
          9 PC LCD Monitor
          6 LCD Flat Screen TV
          30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
          10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
          6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
          1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
          25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
          6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
          1 Dell Mother Board
          15 Computer Power Supply
          1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
          2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
          All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Working...
          X