Sony XBR55X900C Power Cycling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony XBR55X900C Power Cycling

TV started turning itself on automatically a couple days ago, would happen about every 5 minutes. Every time it would open to HDMI 2, but I didn't have anything hooked up to any HDMI inputs so have no idea why. It's an Android TV and started becoming very slow and unresponsive lately. I went to perform a factory reset in the menu, but when I selected it the relay clicked and the TV turned off.

The TV would start to turn back on, get to the Android loading logo, freeze for a second, and then the relay would click and it would power off. Now it won't even do that. The LED on front will light up as if it was turning on, but after about 8 seconds it just turns off. Maybe every 5th time it does this, the relay will click on and off with no image showing on the screen. Tried reinstalling the latest software through USB, but of course it won't boot up long enough to even run it. Any ideas on where to start on this one? Really hoping my main board isn't bricked as they run over $250.

Re: Sony XBR55X900C Power Cycling

I just had the 65" version in my shop and we ended up having to replace the Main board because everything was so tight and micro soldered I didn't dare rack my brain under the scope. I found a used one for $250 because they were $435 new but it had the latest firmware version already on it so it booted right up. The panel was so thin I couldn't wait to get it out of my shop. To get the back off on the 65" we had to remove a small silver screw on the left and right side and then slide that piece down to unlock the back. Tricky

Comment

Just wanted to follow up in case anybody finds this thread looking for this issue. Bruce was right, it was the main board. I picked one up for a couple hundred bucks on eBay, saved the latest firmware onto a USB from Sony's site, and booted up from that. While it downloads the new firmware from the USB to the TV, it may look like nothing is happening. Just be patient, it took about 15 minutes for mine to update and turn on.

Comment

Just wanted to add a little input of my own about this, these guy's very commonly have cycling issues where it will keep boot looping, or simply turn off after 5-10 seconds of being on. In almost all cases regardless of purchasing a new or used module, most often you do have to download the update software to a flash drive from the Sony website.

Link to said software is below:

https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup...loads/00015647

All the instructions on how to proceed are in the link

Comment

Nick I try to install the update but it is impossible to do because the tv continue restarting every 8 to 10 second

Comment

If the Tv is still boot looping after you installed the new main board then it's possible you got a defective main board because a new board usually allows you to install the newest version as soon as you plug it in at install. These boards require this in order for the Tv to boot up properly and allow you to set it up like a new Tv. Try unplugging the Tv, insert the usb with the newest firmware update from Sony's website for this model, and then plug in the Tv. If you see the light flashing amber then green then the Tv is installing the newest firmware and it will turn off and back on when it's done and instruct you to remove the usb. Some Sony's you have to hit the power button to start the firmware update after you plugged in the usb and plugged the Tv in. If it's slowly flashing white then it's not installing. If your getting the amber then green flashing then be patient because sometimes it takes a long time. I recommend to always install the newest version of firmware in any new main board installation on a Sony.

Comment

I already replaced that board for a new board and installed the update successfully, but the old one do not allow me to update because turn on and off every 5 to 10 second

Comment

Working...
              X