• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hi
    am czar fron nigeria and i love electronics

Comment

Hi My name is Gustav, and I'm from Denmark. I'm a rather old (just turned 50) newbie, when it comes to repairing circuit boards. I have had my share of phonerepairs (display, camera and battery replacement), and a couple of laptop repairs as well, and now I'm looking into some more challenging projects - projects I'm hoping you guys can give me pointers on here and there :-)

Comment

Boa noite...me chamo Francisco,sou do Brasil, atualmente trabalho como mó técnico em engenharia clínica e como autônomo em técnico de eletrônica. Yr as balho no ramo a 20 anos. Sou muito comunicativo e gosto de ajudar pessoas naquilo em que conheço em posso ajudar. Participo de outros fóruns aqui no Brasil e funciona e me ajuda muito no meu trabalho. Pretendo ser útil em alguma coisa aqui neste site também. Obrigado aos administradores.

Comment

hello

Comment

hi

Comment

Hello Guys, im Lukas and im new to the Forum

Comment

Hi all. I'm Tom and I'm here to hopefully get some help in diagnosing a failed TV.

Comment

Greetings from the Wilkes-Barre area, US.

Comment

Hello!

Comment

Evening Folks. UK here

Comment

Hello! From Italy .

Comment

hi, Im from wales UK and have been repairing gpu's, consoles, many things for many years, Im hoping for insight into some harder jobs ive come accross and this place seems like the right place to be!

Comment

Hello,
                            I hail from the Volunteer State. Having just joined, I'll be searching the forums in hopes of
                            resurrecting our Sony kdl-55hx800. Symptoms, 3 blinking red lights on power up after lightning strike.
                            Thanks,
                            Bubba

Comment

Hi all,
                              I'm a senior coder (more than 30 years), but a noob regarding eeprom programming.
                              Actually, I received recently a lenovo thinkpad x260 where the UEFI is locked with a supervisor password.
                              I see here an occasion to learn something new, and while googling for how to deal with that, I found this forum with lots of interesting information.
                              I'm about to get a second hand TL866II programmer, and I hope I'll find all information on how to dump and flash the chip in this forum.

Comment

Hi Just joined, I'm a High school engineering teacher hoping to enhance my electronic skills to meet a new curriculum we have here in Ireland 🙂

Comment

Hello All, new here and will be making contributions when I can.
                                  I do repair work, and I fix a lot of laptops, so this is a good area for me to begin.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello everyone!

Comment

Hello everyone! Cheers from Poland!

Comment

Hello. I bought some office furniture and supplies from a liquidator and it came with several HP laptops. They all work but they all have passwords on the BIOS. I'm trying to figure out how to remove the passwords without buying new motherboards.

Comment

Hello everyone!

I've been playing around with electronics since my childhood in the 1970's, mostly diagnosing and replacing parts. Recently, I found Mr. Carlson's Lab on YouTube. In June, I bought my first restore/rescue radio, a 1935/36 GE A-63 tombstone. I haven't done anything with it yet. I've been slowly accumulating tools to recap and align the radio.

I bought a Heathkit IP-5220 isolated variable AC supply for safety. I still need to build a dim bulb tester. Meanwhile, I carefully watch the amp meter on the power supply. If it were to jump very quickly, I'd shut it off.

I also just bought an EICO 324 signal generator that also needs recapped. I just bought all the components to build xraytonyb's "capacitor foil sniffer". I'd like to build Mr. Carlson's version but I hesitate to spend the money to set up for making my own PCB's, when I'll only use it to make 2 or 3 boards. My laser printer's cartridge expires really quickly and the prints get black. I may build a UV exposure unit if I can find an old flat bed scanner. That would eliminate the toner issue. I may also try printing the PCB on my inkjet printer and going to Staples to use their copy machines. I just need to check to see if they'll allow me to use my own transfer paper.

I also have bought a near mint VIZ 98C Voltohmyst. So I'm nearly ready to start on my radio. It appears it's in such good condition, I may only restore it electronically. I may keep the cabinet as is as a survivor radio rather than a restore. I just need to find four original knobs. I'll probably pay more for the knobs than the $30 I paid for the radio!

I'm glad I found this website!

Steven
                                          Middletown, PA

So that's a little bit about VTVM Already got a mild shock

Comment

Working...
                                          X