• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: hp elitebook 840 g4 need password unlock

Originally posted by bojc View Post
    HP Elitebook 840 G4
    6050A2854301-MB-A01
    try..if it doesn't work, look in this thread for the motherboard, you will definitely find a bios ok ..
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-10-2023, 12:39 PM.
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

thank you

Comment

Hello can you please unlock my bios?
        Elitebook 840 G4

Comment

Originally posted by joeyvdburg View Post
          Hello can you please unlock my bios?
          Elitebook 840 G4
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103184

>
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
          Become a Badcaps supporter
          >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
          Thanks to all supporters.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Re: Hp 840 g4 bios repair please

Thanks also a lot for the effort.
            This forum is full of wonderful people who want to help. I was very surprised, how quickly the answers and solutions to the problems arrive.
            Thank you all!

Comment

840 g4 password

plz need to unlock this bios

Comment

Re: 840 g4 password

Originally posted by skazide View Post
                plz need to unlock this bios
                use RCUnlocker and unlock it yourself
                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

hi i have this EliteBook 840r G4 6050A2939701-MB-A01 32mb main and 16mb ec, i tried rculnocker but give me an error ,and points me to check for 16mb file i tried but no success, and using other dump password is gone but displays embedded controller mud data not match, any ideas how to resolve this case?

Comment

Posted by mistake..... BIOS PW cleared by Hp UnLocker.. Thanks for the patch... Really appreciate RethoricalCheese your great efforts... How Do I Donate???

Comment

Hi All... Quick question regarding the BIOS chips and password. The notebook Im trying to unlock has a POST POWER-ON PASSWORD on it, which I presume is different to a BIOS Password.

I read somewhere that this password actually lives in the 25Q64JV1Q rom, not the 25Q128JVPQ rom where normal passwords live.

Is any one able to verify which Rom does the POST Power-On password live?

Thanks..

Comment

Originally posted by Aussierobear View Post
                        Hi All... Quick question regarding the BIOS chips and password. The notebook Im trying to unlock has a POST POWER-ON PASSWORD on it, which I presume is different to a BIOS Password.

I read somewhere that this password actually lives in the 25Q64JV1Q rom, not the 25Q128JVPQ rom where normal passwords live.

Is any one able to verify which Rom does the POST Power-On password live?

Thanks..
                        post both bios here..

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                          post both bios here..
                          Thanks for your response. Attached are the 2 Bios files (in the one zip file). Much appreciated..

Thanks,
                          Rob

Comment

Originally posted by retrooo View Post
                            hi i have this EliteBook 840r G4 6050A2939701-MB-A01 32mb main and 16mb ec, i tried rculnocker but give me an error ,and points me to check for 16mb file i tried but no success, and using other dump password is gone but displays embedded controller mud data not match, any ideas how to resolve this case?
                            Unlock via EC file.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by Aussierobear View Post
                              Thanks for your response. Attached are the 2 Bios files (in the one zip file). Much appreciated..

Thanks,
                              Rob
                              try this...the 8MB bios doesn't seem to have the password...just write it to the 16MB one, the 8MB one stays the same..

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                                try this...the 8MB bios doesn't seem to have the password...just write it to the 16MB one, the 8MB one stays the same..
                                Hi Peste... Worked perfectly... Thank you very much for supplying the file and your assistance.

Thanks, Rob

Comment

Hi guys, I am currently struggling with my HP Elitebook 840 G4 which I bought used on ebay several years ago. All of a sudden I got an error message "DeviceFreeze 0586" I already found out, that it has to do with Absolut Software within the BIOS and even when I delete the services and files the software installs itself. In the UEFI there are read only settings to disable it, but idk how to change them. Is there anything that you guys can do to help me? BIOS dump is attached.

Comment

Originally posted by DarKxRaideR View Post
                                    Hi guys, I am currently struggling with my HP Elitebook 840 G4 which I bought used on ebay several years ago. All of a sudden I got an error message "DeviceFreeze 0586" I already found out, that it has to do with Absolut Software within the BIOS and even when I delete the services and files the software installs itself. In the UEFI there are read only settings to disable it, but idk how to change them. Is there anything that you guys can do to help me? BIOS dump is attached.
                                    What are you uploading? Where is the bios file currently in the device?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                                      What are you uploading? Where is the bios file currently in the device?
                                      It is the BIN file I extracted from the system using the "HP System BIOS Update Utility" and its "Backup" function. Do I have to use a different method? Sorry for the inconvenience if I did something wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by DarKxRaideR View Post
                                        It is the BIN file I extracted from the system using the "HP System BIOS Update Utility" and its "Backup" function. Do I have to use a different method? Sorry for the inconvenience if I did something wrong.
                                        This is not a complete bios file, you need a device to read the bios chip, learn about CH341A programmer, it is the cheapest one.

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                                          This is not a complete bios file, you need a device to read the bios chip, learn about CH341A programmer, it is the cheapest one.
                                          Thank you for the information, I guess I was a little to naive, thinking this could be done by simply posting the bios flash update file. I will look into the procedure.

Comment

Working...
                                          X