Insignia NS-32D511NA15 intermittent video on powerup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insignia NS-32D511NA15 intermittent video on powerup

This 2014 32-inch Insignia LCD TV has intermittent video, while audio seems to be okay. The first powerup the TV often behaves fairly normally, but if I turn it off then turn it back on, the video blinks on and off. Sometimes the video keeps blinking, sometimes the video finally comes on and stays on, and sometimes the video stops blinking and remains black. It's possible to try another powerup and get a steady picture, after the red standby light blinks 3 or 4 times. Is this problem a T-con problem or a main board problem?

Re: Insignia NS-32D511NA15 intermittent video on powerup

Is the video going out or the backlight? I would guess it is the backlight based on the model number.

Comment

I put a flashlight up to the dark screen, and found there is an image being played. So does this indicate the backlight is intermittent? There is a good picture on this screen, but it isn't reliable. Is a sensor cutting out the backlight's power from inverter?
      Last edited by binsonk; 07-14-2021, 12:49 PM.

Comment

No backlight, flash of backlights, intermittent backlights, dim backlights are all symptoms of bad backlights in LED TVs. Your TV is LED googling the model number. LED TVs dont have inverters. https://techhometravel.com/lg-ln-ser...ed-backlights/
        Last edited by neilc6; 07-14-2021, 01:13 PM.

Comment

So, basically, I need to replace the 3 LED strips?

Comment

Originally posted by binsonk View Post
            So, basically, I need to replace the 3 LED strips?
            I also would check Caps in the power supply ,i have one that needed most caps in the power supply to be changed.

Comment

Do the LED strips sold by ShopJimmy have double-sided tape to secure the strip to chassis? Or is the tape purchased separately? There's no mention of tape in the LED strip description.

Comment

I'm trying to remove the edge strips on the BACKSIDE of the TV. There are three pieces: two partial strips on either side and one strip on top of the TV. This is not the front bezel, but rather the upper edge strips on the back of the TV. Although I have removed the single screws holding either side strip and the four screws holding the top edge, the entire structure is VERY reluctant to remove, as if the black plastic strips are taped or glued. It's very likely that the two side strips interlock with the top strip. This is a 32-inch Insignia, so there are no screws on the top edge of the front bezel. Is it necessary for these three edge strips to come off? Or does the front bezel come off without removing the back strips?

EDIT: nevermind, it's just plastic latches molded into the strips
                Last edited by binsonk; 07-23-2021, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X