Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG OLEDB6, no picture, get picture

Hi guys,

I bought that TV as wrong as won't turn on. After plugged give 2 click, than one click and blink 3 times the led.

I have checked many things, there is no short, voltages ok. Than was without heatshield for an hour under voltage, than turned ON, got a picture, yess...

I have assemled, after run it for half an hour, than again no picture, but still has sound. Since turned off again the same, won't turn ON.

For me pretty sure it is a BGA problem, but not sure which. 90% that is a GPU on the T-Con board, but what you mean guys? Can be the processor on the MB? If 100% GPU than i will send it for rework.
    Attached Files

Re: LG OLEDB6, no picture, get picture

I told wrong, the TV now is on, but simply give no picture. EDIT: however, it is now surprising that 12.9 can be measured on the 12V side and 25.5V on the 24V side. Any idea please guys?
    Last edited by Formaster; 07-08-2021, 02:39 PM.

Comment

After few start now the voltages go higher again. 13.2 and 26.4. What can be the problem? Help please ...

Comment

Now 27.5/13.8V. Any idea somebody? I wont start anymore until solve that high voltage.

Comment

With power off and unplugged use a hair dryer to heat only one of the suspect BGA ic's. If you get a picture you likely have found the problem. If not, try another.

Comment

Thanks. Did'nt works, but found another problem, it is new.

The marked coil has a short, than one of theses beeps not. I thinking about to order a t-con board, but how can i test the PS of that 100% good is? Doesnt want to kill the changed t-con.

+these 2 caps has short.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Formaster; 07-10-2021, 07:26 AM.

Comment

A coil should show low resistance. And the "caps" in your second pic are not caps they are filters and should also show a low resistance.

Comment

Thank you! I ordered a T-CON, now got a picture but i have one black horizontal line on the screen. Can be the display defected or this T-CON board trash?

Comment

I don't know much about OLED's perhaps someone else will answer that BUT I think the horizontal line is a panel failure which probably killed your original tcon and if so will likely kill its replacement in time.

Comment

thx, on panel mean you the display or the MB? sorry for the stupd question...('s)

Comment

Display itself or if you're lucky the problem is on the panel boards (attached to the panel) and can be repaired.

Comment

Working...
                      X