Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 55EC930v is not turning on, it's dead

Hello!
    First i want to say, i have no experience with Electric repair, and because of this, i'm very carefully. And my English is not the best, because I'm from germany, but i try my best.

I'm 6 months already here in this forum, because the TV of my dad isn't working anymore. It's the 55EC930v.
    I readed almost every thread about this TV here, and i saw already some things like image tests and other tests.
    I saw also something with IR Blasters, and i tried it. i have still a old galaxy S5 with IR Blaster, and got a App with the "Power Only" button.
    was before happend: we were out of the room, tv is alone in the room, it was on. then we came back 5 minutes later, and the tv is off. But this happend already once, but he could start again.
    Ok, then my dad wanted to turn it on again, but then it just give a click and after 2-3 seconds another click. The LG logo is on, but it's going darker and brighter.
    Then we just opend the TV, and there was a lot dust inside.
    We cleaned, looked at the parts, and first look was ok.
    My vater used contact spray.
    Tried again to turn on TV, and still nothing, same problem.
    Then removed the T-Con and looked at it.
    it was ok for me.
    Then my dad got another TV, and then put the broken LG in the basement, because he didn't wanted to look again at it, because it was expensive and was working only 4 years.
    Then my grandma said, she want's to repair it, and i could bring the tv to her this week.
    I opened it, and looked at the parts again.
    Then i removed a cable from the T-Con and i got for 2 seconds a half dark screen, it was like grey, but in the camera you clearly see, it was green.
    Then i removed another cable from T-Con, and saw it very bright with green Color, and also burn in. Maybe because i removed the LVDS cable??
    I removed once all Cables from T-Con, and LVDS too, and it didn't came on. Used Power only on galaxy S5, and the LG remote.

Then i removed completly the T-con, and tried it again, but same problem.
    But if one Cable was removed, then it took maybe 4-5 Seconds, until the tv clicks again after the first click.
    And i connected every cable again and put the tv on another table and said to me, i'm done. But then i tried again to turn it on, and i saw on the left corner some lines moving for 2 seconds, until tv clicks again.
    I also tested the USB slots, and two of them are working for half second, i plugged in my phone and a PC mouse.
    the third usb slot isn't giving a feedback, Nothing.

My grandma want to call a technican tomorrow, that should look for the tv, what is wrong or broken.
    I wanted to ask here already, what it could be, and i think the mainboard is still in proction mode, or it's maybe broken?
    I added some images from the TV.

I'm already exciting what you say.

Best regards,
    Michael
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TeslaMichael; 07-04-2021, 02:29 PM.

Re: LG 55EC930v is not turning on, it's dead

I have an update, the technician can't come because he is currently not working. But we bought a mainboard and I will give a update, when the new board is in the tv.

Comment

New Mainboard arrives tomorrow, i will update here, if TV works again

Comment

New Board is inside, and the TV lives. Light if off and I get a IP. But still the same black screen with stripes. Will add images later when i'm home

Comment

I couldn't upload images but i saw, that i damaged before a flex ribbon cable from panel to t-con. And this is maybe the reason why i got over time with unplugging and plug in some grey stripes in left corner. with working mainboard it's getting complete over the screen, A LOT of stripes.
          3 pins are missing and complete cutted ribbon cable. i used also tape and clued over the damaged pins and screen was black, and now i need only new cables and tv will work again, hopefully. i mean, i can hear sound, the OS is working.
          also found the TV in my router and it was visible in LG ThinQ app and Youtube
          but i performed instop and i don't know how i did setup the tv, i pressed randomly on the remote, and then i got 10 minutes later again sound, where this black beanbird is on a seat. (normally, but i cant see it, because the cable is damaged.)
          The main problem was the mainboard i would say. Then i damaged the cable and this prevents me from seeing the screen.
          The old mainboard never turned on again after the 8 months, and that's it.

Comment

Picture of Cable what i mean and the Problem what the cable causes
            Attached Files

Comment

In my opinion, you simply did not correctly insert the cable (mirrored), usually the blue insert should be under the latch
              Attached Files

Comment

You are right the ribbon cable is no longer any good try to find a replacement.

Comment

And a large current passed along these paths that they even melted the insulation
                  Attached Files

Comment

I bought a new cable yesterday but have to wait, until it arrives. Maybe One week..
                    @lotas, the blue part was not visible anymore when i connected the cable. or maybe a little bit, but i checked it again.
                    And i removed the cable sometimes, and i had to struggle to reinsert the cable. maybe it happend there. yes, the cable with the lost pins, for me it was looking like cracks, because it's from top to bottom.
                    I added better detailed images from the cable, and versus a good cable.
                    (a few days old these pictures, there was one pin lost. but now 3 pins.)
                    Attached Files

Comment

I don't know if you did or didn't but never plug and unplug those ribbon cables while power is applied.

Comment

It was always off, no power. Not that i touch accidentally the power supply.
                        I will update the thread if cables arrive. It's comming from Lettland, maybe 1-2 weeks until it arrives.
                        Last edited by TeslaMichael; 07-21-2021, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Hi, got the cable today and i got the same screen. But i saw that the lvds cable is maybe broken, the connector is only half on the cable. Then i removed the comnector and there were
                          also two pins lost. this the final issue?
                          What does the lvds Do?
                          Last edited by TeslaMichael; 07-29-2021, 04:08 AM.

Comment

Ah yes, now i see it, the LVDS gives the image of the MB (like HDMI, USB and it's own UI to tcon and this goes into panel. That makes sense. So i have to get this cable, and it will work again.
                            Another time to wait until it arrives..

Comment

Hi, got good update and bad Update.
                              Got screen with the new lvds cable, looking good without problems. But after one minute it turned off, and then turned on again, and got again good screen
                              Then I saw a red big stripe 3-4cm and disappeared again, then few seconds came back and tv says off.
                              Maybe i should clean all the cables?

Comment

Btw. It is a horizontal bar, not vertical

Comment

Tv was running for 10 minutes and the screen went instant dark and the tv clicks
                                  When i'm home, i can add images.

Comment

Images, no issues when screen is working, no vertical or horizontal lines, but after the tv goes off with broken image, (1 second and then everything black, it's really fast, and then click. )
                                    After turn on again, i saw a orange colored horizontal stripe but i turned it off.
                                    I think if i try now again, the image will be good, but after 10 minutes it will happen again.
                                    Could it really be a problem if there is dust on flex ribbon cable? but i think, it's not that problem.
                                    I'm thinking, the PSU has a problem and killed the Mainboard, and then power goes away and screen goes dark.

Back to 2020, where the tv died, i coulnd't turn it never on again. This year, where my Grandma wanted to fix it, i looked at the TV, and bought new Mainboard.TV turning on, but cable broken. bought 2 news cables, tv turns on, but turns off after 10 Minutes. You see the issue at picture 2 and 3.
                                    i really wanted to fix the tv, because my grandma bought another OLED, and if i could get the LG working, i could use it..
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by TeslaMichael; 08-04-2021, 04:34 AM.

Comment

Ok, now it worked for 20 minutes but i turned it off, but issue was away..

Comment

I read the Service Bulletin (55EC9300-U* (EC93 Series) and there is a Firmware for [EA42D]
                                        Improved Auto Power Off / No Power issue.
                                        I should give that a try..

Comment

Working...
                                        X