Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDL-65W855C 6 times red led blinking

Hi All

as mentioned in the title I have an issue with Sony KDL-65W855C. When I switch it on, only the logo appears for a second, and then I got a flashing red led- 6 times.

I went through different threads on this forum and I have learned it could be either PSU failure or an issue with the backlight.

I did some measurements so far:

on the CN6401 (to the ground/chassis):
    STBY3.3V is around 3.40 V
    REG 12V is 12.40 V at a time of power-up, then goes down

on the CN6801 (to the ground/chassis)
    OUT1: up to 250V at the time of power-up, then goes down when the error appears (6 times red led blinking)
    OUT2: up to 190V.

Can you please advise what else I should check to determine if the issue is on the power supply or in the backlight?

Thanks!

Re: KDL-65W855C 6 times red led blinking

6 blinks is bad backlight. Just replace all the strips with new. Backlights burning out is the most common failure in LED TVs.

Comment

So it's not worth checking if it's not the Power supply failure? I'd like to avoid changing the backlight as it's not that easy for a one-person I think.

Comment

Originally posted by samboman View Post
        So it's not worth checking if it's not the Power supply failure? I'd like to avoid changing the backlight as it's not that easy for a one-person I think.
        Yes, one person cannot cope here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph4alzYXA9A
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvSBLyjD5jE

Comment

Ok that's some redneck shit right there.

This job can absolutely be done by one person with the proper tools, mostly a decent pair of suction cups. If you don't have access to them where you live you can use the tape method as in the videos but I find as I lift the screen up sometimes the placement is not quite right and so easy to adjust with the cups. If your tape placement is bang on you will have zero problems lifting out the screen and placing it on another clean flat surface.

Comment

Just did a similar model 65W850C. The backlights flash before the 6 blinks which is another indication of backlight failure. Pretty difficult with a 65 inch. The panel is double sided taped to the bezel in four spots, side tabs and diffuser sheets taped to bezel in a few spots and the LED connectors are very fragile. I busted a few so had to direct solder to a few strips. 16 rows of strips. There is no alignment bump in one end so you should mark the location to keep the strip straight.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by neilc6; 08-07-2021, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X