Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fixed TV by recaping Tivo, how is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fixed TV by recaping Tivo, how is it possible?

my old panasonic LCD RPTV recently started this annoying intermittent blue screen and horizontal bars issue like this with signal from either tivo or dvd:

i took the TV apart and looked for bad caps and loose connections and found nothing. i guess not surprising since panasonic makes good caps. i was just about to junk it and buy a new LCD TV, but replaced tivo's hard drive for larger and recapped the tivo first as the parts just came in.

initially i thought i wasted my time recapping the tivo as the OEM caps looked good, but the interference in the TV went away completely.

has anyone seen anything like this where recapping one component removed interference in another component?

Re: fixed TV by recaping Tivo, how is it possible?

Yes talktalk dn370t boxes have this problem
    You are only too old when you say you are too old!!!

Comment

Originally posted by omendata View Post
      Yes talktalk dn370t boxes have this problem
      thanks for posting. i did some googling and couldn't find any good examples. i assume you speak from a personal experience with those?

Comment

If there's no obvious connection between the fix and the fault, then it's likely the fault is intermittent and has gone away temporarily - perhaps by moving things around.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
          If there's no obvious connection between the fix and the fault, then it's likely the fault is intermittent and has gone away temporarily - perhaps by moving things around.
          here is the thing, tivo was always on and always connected to the TV via components and composite cables via audio receiver. maybe there was some high frequency oscillation generated by tivo's PS? the only thing that was moved was tivo (and it's wi-fi adapter), but not TV. i may need to experiment with the wi-fi adapter location in case that was the culprit for completeness.

it has been 5 days with no interference while the interference was happening daily numerous times prior to the tivo's surgery.

Comment

i was wrong and tom66 was right. the problem did come back. for reason that is a mystery to me it took full 7 days for problem to reappear. it's not the wireless either.
            i'll take the TV apart again and reattach the cables that go to the light engine. it that doesn't work, i'm buying a new TV.

Comment

resolder the connectors that go to the tivo etc.

Comment

Working...
              X