How to switch off keyboard auto-repeat Android 4.1.1 netbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to switch off keyboard auto-repeat Android 4.1.1 netbook

I have rooted this iCraig CLP285 netbook, running JellyBean 4.1.1, kernel 3.0.8, keyboard & touchpad operation. It works great. Only one problem, a defective key, the letter T. Pressing T produces 2 or 3 T's. The key is not stuck, it's just super-sensitive. The only good solution is to switch off auto-repeat for the keyboard letter T. Easy enough in Linux, but this is Android. Here is the source documentation for keyboard in Android:
    https://source.android.com/devices/i...r-requirements
    Android performs its own keyboard repeating. Auto-repeat functionality should be disabled in the driver.
    Of course, I would like to change this functionality for one single key (letter T), not all keys. Anyone know how to accomplish this?
    Last edited by binsonk; 09-07-2015, 05:38 PM.

Re: How to switch off keyboard auto-repeat Android 4.1.1 netbook

Sounds like a defective keyboard... But why an android netbook? Sounds like the worst of both worlds IMHO.
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Okay, absent any responses, I'm also looking for recommendations of Android forums that could help me with this issue, particularly the possible solution of switching off auto-repeat.
      Last edited by binsonk; 09-08-2015, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Have you taken the plastic key off and had a look underneath. Perhaps a bit of something has got under the plastic and is making the key sensitive.

Comment

I removed the top cap, to expose the white plastic underneath. For two days I pressed the key in an attempt to fatigue it. As I recall the white plastic was not removable. Do you know how it can be removed? Does it snap out? Opinion: If I break the keyboard, I might as well throw the netbook away. I don't even know the mechanism of this key, not that I haven't asked. Is it a pressure pad? Suppose I do remove the white plastic, and discover the key is indeed defective. I don't have a replacement. I'll say this: Pressing the T key feels exactly like pressing any other key.

EDIT: Okay, I removed the top cap and the scissor hinge, but I can't get under the cup. That's interesting: with the hinge out of the way, if I press the cup, I get a single letter, not multiple entries, indicating that the problem is in the hinge.
          Last edited by binsonk; 09-08-2015, 07:51 PM.

Comment

I can't find anything wrong with this scissor hinge. Any chance it is installed upside down or upper and lower end reversed? Is that possible? Peeking under the adjacent key, both seem to be configured the same way. I'm going to put the cap back on soon, so if you have any comment or suggestion, make it soon.

I have to think, that cup is a closed bubble, the way it bounces back. The word cup suggests it is not a bubble, though. This is the third or fourth time I have had the cap off, so I don't expect any miracles here.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA4XnTgzNkY

I think it's the cup. It's got too much air in it, it's too firm, or the tits too long/tall.

Replaced the top cap. Condition is unchanged.
            Last edited by binsonk; 09-08-2015, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Okay, done with that. Now I'm requesting recommendations for Android forums that might be able to help me make the keyboard tweak, ie. switching off auto-repeat for the letter T, or the entire keyboard if necessary.

Comment

Working...
              X