Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Android 5.1 Lollipop support audio output in mono?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Android 5.1 Lollipop support audio output in mono?

Does Android 5.1 Lollipop support audio output in mono? I prefer to hear music in mono, and this goes for the earbuds/earphones as well as the loudspeaker(s). In KitKat 4.4.2 this setting found in General Settings under Accessibility.

Settings > General > Accessibility > Hearing > Audio type > Stereo/Mono

On my KitKat phone the section named "Hearing" is very inconspicuous (easily overlooked) because the font is in light blue.

If you have a Lollipop phone, would you please check your phone for this setting, and let me know your finding.

Thanks,
    binsonk
    Last edited by binsonk; 10-21-2015, 09:16 PM.

Re: Does Android 5.1 Lollipop support audio output in mono?

If Google/Android coders ever needed a good reason to implement Mono Audio Output, they just got one. California just made it illegal to drive with both earbuds inserted. Only a single inserted earbud is permissible while driving a motor vehicle or riding a bicycle. For reasons of safety, one ear must be left open to hear the external environment.

Comment

Re: Does Android 5.1 Lollipop support audio output in mono?

While driving it's only legal to use only one earbud for quite some time here in Portugal and, afaik, in most European countries.
      Since the main purpose is to handle phone conversations settings for stereo/mono are quite useless imho.
      Can't provide more assistance since i haven't made the lollipop upgrade yet.

Comment

Working...
      X