Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 55LA6900 cracked display, no image

Greetings,
    I picked up this LG 55LA6900-UD 55-inch LCD TV from curbside pickup. It's in good condition except the display is seriously cracked. When powered up, the backlight is good, but when I press Settings, there is no image or change in the display at all. I'm not a big fan of large screen Tvs, but that might be because I have never owned one, or been inclined to shell out for one. This one originally sold for $2000 MSRP when it was manufactured Sept 2013, but I saw an old Best Buy listing for $500. I am wondering how much trouble it would be to order the huge display and get it delivered in good condition. Any idea how much a 55-inch display would cost. (Seems to be less than $100 on eBay.) Also curious about the LG Magic Remote Control, how much it costs, how hard to find, etc. Basically, I'm considering whether to put any money in this TV. The one technical drawback of the model is poor display black-level. Reviews boast the very thin metal bevel, meaning that the display image pretty much fills up the space occupied by the cabinet. However, since the display is broken, the front screen actually protrudes in front of the bevel on the most damaged side, even though the metal bevel appears to not be bent or distorted. Since there is no image, I really can't tell if the TV is functional, beyond power ON and backlight. As far as my expertise goes, I can only recall that I replaced a 21-inch CRT on a ViewSonic monitor. Not much experience in flat panel replacement.
    Please give me your opinion on whether this TV would be worth fixing, keeping in mind that I am also working on a Oct 2007 40-inch Samsung with bad PSU. I definitely want to avoid getting started on a TV that becomes a money pit. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by binsonk; 08-31-2016, 01:10 AM.

Re: LG 55LA6900 cracked display, no image

Not economically interesting to repair.Even if you can already find a screen for it.
    Sell all boards and also the LED backlight strips and use money made with that to purchase another broken tv,where the screen is still ok from. Fix that one,sell or use. rinse and repeat.
    Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

Re: LG 55LA6900 cracked display, no image

Originally posted by binsonk View Post
      Greetings,
      I picked up this LG 55LA6900-UD 55-inch LCD TV from curbside pickup. It's in good condition except the display is seriously cracked. .
      cost a screen around $1500 to 2000 , not worth it ,as others have said sell parts the only issue you will have is that you cant guarantee the parts are fully functional , best advice to the dump

Comment

Working...
      X