Anyone know what causes this fault?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know what causes this fault?

Im guessing panel but never encountered it as bad on a relativley new tv.
    Attached Files

Re: Anyone know what causes this fault?

Pictures are posted incorrectly thumbnails only
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Plasma, LCD?
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
        Plasma, LCD?
        Plasma

Comment

Would need a bigger picture to be certain, but that looks like a Z-sustain fault. Panel is probably fine.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Comment

What's the model # of the TV? Definitely looks like a Z-sustain fault.

Comment

Cheers tom it's ps42b450

Comment

Yeah, I fixed exactly the same fault. I replaced the X-main on mine, but I think there is probably a simpler fix. Do you have an oscilloscope available?

Comment

I don't actually own the tv!
                    Just got the guy to email me pictures of the fault.

May aswel buy it. Out of interest did you replace the x and buffer? Or just the x

Comment

The "X-buffer" is just a piece of connector block, it has no electrical function.

Comment

What do you think may be the simpler fix, tom ?

Comment

Replacing the Xe FETs (2pc) and/or driver IC.

Comment

Well it's fixed.
                            Turned out to be bad solder on the x-main.

All good.

Comment

Good to hear. That's a new one, not seen bad solder joints on one of these before.

Comment

sorry to dig up an old thread but im having simmiar problems with a ps42b450 Samsung 42" plasma. when i place a little pressure on the y sus y buffer join it can go away for hours and return days or hours or minutes later. any help?

Comment

Originally posted by markfreddy View Post
                                  sorry to dig up an old thread but im having simmiar problems with a ps42b450 Samsung 42" plasma. when i place a little pressure on the y sus y buffer join it can go away for hours and return days or hours or minutes later. any help?

Pull the Y-SUS board and check for dry-joints....
                                  TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
                                  http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
                                  PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

I will be heating up the soldering iron tomorrow. i have seen a working y sus on ebay i will buy.

Comment

Aha thats the problem i have - confirmed its the z-sus!

Looks like yer z-sus board didnt last too long Hamie but thanks for coming out to the flat to help me out and donate the board it was appreciated mate!
                                      You are only too old when you say you are too old!!!

Comment

Working...
                                      X