This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Welcome aboard Mate. Believe me I know what it is like to be busted up and feeling bad. You are amoung friends here. Mine came from a motorcycle crash in 1984. It took me a year to learn to walk again and left me with 40% hearing in one ear. Things do heal up given enough time.
    "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
    Mark Twain

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way."
    John Paul Jones

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
    Rod Serling

Comment

Got here while trying to diagnose the failure of my PowerMac G5 power supply. Thanks.

Comment

Hi all nice forum you have here.im from the Uk found this forum while looking for help with my sons dell monitor, im sure i will visit here on regular occcasions as im into lots of electronic projects although anything to do with satellite is my main hobby.
        thanks for having me..
        cheers
        paul

Comment

Hello all joe here, Belfast's best wishes to you

Comment

Hi. My name is Larry and I'm a repair junkie. (members: Hi, Larry)

I'm a retired (heart attack) Electronics Eng. I've repaired everything in my illustrious career from CATV to automatic car wash controllers. I am MCSE, albeit in Win2k technology, and A+. I ran a tv/vcr/audio shop near Charlotte for almost a decade before diabetes finally got my ticker.
            I ran across this site in a Google search for a schematic for an Insignia LCD tv I was looking at for a friend. I got the schizmo and the tv fixed, but came back because of some interesting posts I read while here.
            One of your regular posters (wish I remembered who) was railing about the sloppy soldering in a board photo someone else sent in ;and I felt a kindred spirit. I was considered an artist with a soldering iron in my day.
            I'm hoping after I get familiar with the site to maybe be of some help. I have lots of time on my hands and I'm still a troubleshooter at heart.
            Best to all,

Larry

Comment

Hello all. I'm a computer enthusiast/modder/DIYer from Canada. My trusty friend, Google, told me about this site when I told him I needed replacement caps for motherboard.

Comment

Hi. I'm Paul.

I've come across badcaps.net a few times in the past, and now, after having a few (2?) capacitor replacement jobs under my belt, I decided it was time to stop guessing at the cause of problems and begin to acquire some small bit of engineer's intuition in the matter. Like, when is it okay (or perhaps even beneficial) to replace a capacitor with one of a larger or smaller capacitance, or which specifications of mosfets should be adjusted to find more robust or less expensive (or both) parts.

I'm interested in repairing formerly expensive, broken and free equipment that is cheap and easy to repair for my own personal use, and to brag about it to friends.

Comment

Hi forum,

Please forgive my ignorance, I have never posted a message in any forum before, for some reason its all a confusing blur to me. I'm not saying I'm old fashioned but where do I stick the stamp?

Why am I here? Google seems to direct me here. I try to keep things from the waste bin if possible

Comment

Hello!

Comment

Hello All,

I'm from sunny Maine,(at least today it was sunny), and have been in the manufacturing end of electronics since the early 1990s. I received my degree in applied electronics/ computer technology in 2005, but have had little opportunity to use my knowledge in the field, so I consider myself a hobbyist when it comes to troubleshooting.

I found this website while researching the demise of my Westinghouse 22 inch monitor and now am looking into a similar problem with a Sylvania 32 in tv. Thanks to all the moderators for a very informative site.

Comment

Hello all,
                        My name is camellia from australia.
                        Also like the other, i join in this forum to expand more my knowledge and want to have more friends around the world.
                        Look forward to being a part of the community
                        Thanks.

Comment

^
                          I've taken the liberty of removing the spam from your sig....
                          <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                          Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                          http://folding.stanford.edu/
                          Team : 49813
                          Join in!!
                          Team Stats

Comment

Hi There. Prairie here:
                            I was wondering how many and what kind of capacitors to replace all of them in a Dell,Dimension 4700c slimline computor, I don't now much about computors but I do know all the capacitors are done like dinner. Can I just order a set of capacitors that are for sale on the site. Thankyou. Nice to meet y'all

Comment

Hello,

My name is George from PA. I have enjoyed finding TV's and electronics in the trash and fixing them since I was a little kid. I worked in the video game industry during the golden age of video arcades fixing circuit boards. I worked for Commodore / Amiga / GVP computers during the 80's and 90's.

I co-own a puzzle company now, but I never lost my love for ripping into something with an electrical cord attached. I just bought the ESR-micro v4.0 meter and love it. I will write a review shortly.

Comment

Hi. I'm Kathy. I remembered this site from having sent in two motherboards to get their caps replaced a few years ago. A Google search led me back when looking into replacing caps in a Samsung 225BW monitor. Thanks to posts I've found here, this grandma is more confident now. I will be doing the work myself. Nice to find this community!

Comment

hi im mike i found this site searching to find answers how to fix my vizio from flickering

Comment

Hi folks,

I found this place while trying to fix a neighbor's iMac PSU. Everyone thinks I'm crazy for replacing capacitors instead of replacing entire units or modules. Glad I found this place because now I know there are other crazies out there.

I have both an electronics and IT background.

I'm in PA, about 30 miles west of Philadelphia.

Real name is Tony.

Comment

Hey,
                                      I have a background in instrumentation and detectors. I just ran into this website by searching for components and repairs of a monitor. This forum seems to be the most useful out of any I have seen. I am looking forward to using this website as one of my information guides. My name is Alfred.

Comment

Hi. Just searching for dell problems and found this forum. I also have a "bad caps problem" for ten years. I make electronic music for fun, also have a degree in music. I work with pc's in web design, programing and network administration for food. I have no degree, just lot's of experience ... and i also have discoverd the answer of every problem, even the meaning of life. Google it if you don't trust me, it's on wikipedia

Comment

Hi guys.. I had (still have) a problem with HP L1940 monitor and after surfing da net to find solution, I stumbled upon this place..
                                          About myself.. Well I'm from Holland, I'm photographer but I have great affection for electronics. (Audio to be more specific..) and if I wasn't so lazy and maths weren't my week point I probably would be electronic a engineer by now. :P
                                          But here I am.. Picking up bits and pieces and try to learn as much as possible.
                                          So, if I ask stupid question, don't get mad at me or else, I'll make photo of you so bad that you wished you were nicer to me..

Comment

Working...
                                          X