This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

My name is Mike. I don't have any formal training in electronics but i have always been able to tear things apart and put them back together. Back in the 90's I was a mechanic at Brinks. I fixed their coin wrapping machines (maybe you have seen the coins in a plastic covering) I would call the engineer and explain the problem and he would tell me how to fix it. I'm hoping for the same here. White vertical line 1 inch wide and 1 foot long on right side on a older heavy pioneer elite pro 1410hd 60 in plasma. I'm thinking its the upper buffer board

Comment

Hi all. I came here to learn some new things, or to share my experience in electronics and computing. I just like to fix things.

Comment

Hello!!!!

Comment

Hi all. Having a problem with a z sus board. Technical professional but apparently i am in over my head. Please help....anyone?!?

I had an issue with coloring in pic. Only a slight problem. Wife did not even notice issue.*

After reading online, i saw that the problem could be caused by cold joints on coils on z sus board. I inspected, and sure enough the joints were cracked.*

I used a cheap soldering iron and wasnt exactly clean in my soldering. I used what i had and was tired as it was well after midnight. Long story short...

I plugged z sus board back in and powered up the tv, which immediately turned itself off.*

I realized i blew the fuse on the z sus board, and replaced it. Turned tv on...same thing. The fuse is now solid, but if the fuse is removed, or the z sus board is disconnected, the tv powers on with sound but no pic.*

The board apparently is no longer available for purchase. I have a multi meter, and quality soldering and desoldering tools at this point.*

After reading posts from some of the pros here...i am feeling hopeful. Thanks.

Comment

Hello, my name is Geoff, and I have come here for a little help with learning TV repair. I have been in the world of electronics for several years now, replacing components here and there on boards, but never on TVs. I Figured I would try my hand at it and picked up 2 TVs that are not working, or have a problem that appears to be board related.

Comment

Hi, Jonathan here. I have an EE degree and used to build various circuits but it's been a while. I tend to repair things when I can. I have a TV that's got a minor problem (turning itself on and off) that I figured I might be able to fix with some info that's on this forum.

Comment

Hi everyone. I am a noob and came across this site while trying to fix my sister lcd tv and hopefully getting it to work again. I do programming and dabble into electronics and try to fix things.

Comment

Hi, my name is Bob. I've replaced capacitors on approximately 10 desktop motherboards over the last 15 years. I know, it's not an earth shaking number. I enjoy tinkering with electronics. Currently I'm repairing an 1100 Watt power converter for my, soon to be, solar panel array. I also just opened up one of four Dell E173FPb (BenQ) 17" monitors I use for Currency Trading as it turns on with a dim image and then turns black. Capacitors and transistors are on the way. When I run into a problem, I will ask a question. Thank you.

Comment

Hi new member here , the name is butterwable and have a slight interest in electronics and joined mainly to post and get some pointers and info to fix a tv that I want to repair for my old grandmother, Nice to meet everybody and greetings from the chilly scandinavia.

Comment

Hi everyone,
                      Just joined today hoping to learn about my 3007wfp that is doing some strange things. I have some theoretical electronics experience (college courses) but not much hands on real-world work.

Comment

Hi guys , how are you doing? I hope you're all fine.
                        Well, my name is WaLiD, I am 25 years old, I live in Algeria-Constantine_Known as "City of Science and Scientists", theoretically I am an accountant (believe it or not), but in real life I am a Geek of electronics, I've done a lot of repairs_computer/monitors repairs (hardware level + Software), Smartphones/Tablets repairs_Software Repairs of any kind, since 2010, and before that I was just a hobbyist playing with things and that since 2004.
                        I do most repairs for free (honestly) for people I know, friends, friends of friends and so on_ and that means more challenges for me , so technically you can say that I'm a computer repair technician, my English is very good but not perfect .
                        I came across this lovely forum to learn more from you guys, especially schematics and share with you the little I know, so let's get started

Wish you and the forum all the best
                        sigpic

Comment

This forum looks like a lot of help. Now I see why so many people recommend it.

I have an awful problem with my TV so hopefully one of the geniuses on here can help me save some money, I've had this TV for a few weeks (preowned) and really feeling out of pocket!

So, Hello from Newcastle, England

Comment

hello my name is christian i bought a dell on ebay everything works just theres a password on the bios goes to windows loading than reboots.my service tag is 28TQMM1-2A7B any help would be great.

Comment

Hi new to the electronics repair game, just love doing this type of stuff and learning new things. Work on computers for a living for 20+ years (yup i'm old.. just slipped past 50 a couple of years ago) Now i am adding flat screen TV's to my repair list but I really want to repair the boards instead of just buying them. Google found you guys and you kept popping up so I joined. Some great info in here so thanks and I hope to contribute as I'm able.
                              Peace....

Comment

seeing as I was directed here I am 28y/o and have been working with pc's for about 15+years I love messing with them and trying out new software like windows beta OS's

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                                  As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                                  So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                                  where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                                  Hi everyone, trying to troubleshoot a 60" aquos tv. Hoping to get some good input from the forum.
                                  My background is electrical/electronics mostly from the pc side of the fence. Currently working as an electrical safety instructor. Wishing everyone the best and again hoping for some good information.

Regards
                                  Erasure371

Comment

Hello,
                                    I hope to join this forum

Comment

Hi there I'm Fadil and I'm From FYROM - Macedonia.
                                      I certainly working on computers and mobile devices ( it's my hobby)
                                      I graduated for Business Administration but never worked my profession.
                                      I'm glad to tell what I know and what I'll read here.
                                      Nice to have people who know some thing differently from others

Comment

Hi all, Im new here. I came to get some help fixing a plasma tv

Comment

Hello,
                                          My name is Sjak (Jack) I live in the Netherlands, I have been trained as an electrical engineer, though I have worked mostly in a completely other field.
                                          I like to make and fix things and am interested in learning more about electronics.

Comment

Working...
                                          X