looking to buy an oscilloscope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: looking to buy an oscilloscope

I've bought one for a friend a couple of months ago from Batronix.

Arrived with no problems, beautifully packed etc. The software version was 2.06.

Some people on the eevblog forum report version 3.07 or something like that... the forum thread is here:

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/blog-sp...my-guide/1035/

So I don't know, they might still have them in stock with the old version, or it might be newer versions... try your luck. I know version 2.06 can be easily changed but I didn't bother with it.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
      Yeah, the DS1102E is £315 shipped from Germany from Batronix. In my opinion it's worth the extra £50 because you could easily brick your scope if Rigol have changed the upgrade procedure (I believe they have.)
      cheers tom,ive read loads on it,and yes they have apparently changed the firmware !.

so seems il have to buy the 100mhz after all!,@retiredcaps,was watching the eevblog thing on youtube about the hack,but didnt realise it was made in 2010 ,so if rigol havent done anything about it since then,it may have been a good thing for the hack,but it would invalidate the warranty,hey ho a shopping i will go
      fixed so far...376 lg lcd tv's,24 onn tv;s,24 panasonic lcd,16 jvc lcd,12 marshall jcm800 amps,refurb of various disco equipment lighting,old style disco decks ,and a flymo!

----------------------------------------------
      please let us know if everything works ok if your tv gets fixed, as it will be and aid for anyone else having the same problem and wishing to fix it.it would save people clogging up this site with topics that are duplicated,and can be found easily using the search function.,and taking up valuable space.enjoy your fixed tv!,hopefully!

Comment

what do you chaps think of this one? http://www.rigoloscilloscope.co.uk/w...-7-LCD-48.html
        fixed so far...376 lg lcd tv's,24 onn tv;s,24 panasonic lcd,16 jvc lcd,12 marshall jcm800 amps,refurb of various disco equipment lighting,old style disco decks ,and a flymo!

----------------------------------------------
        please let us know if everything works ok if your tv gets fixed, as it will be and aid for anyone else having the same problem and wishing to fix it.it would save people clogging up this site with topics that are duplicated,and can be found easily using the search function.,and taking up valuable space.enjoy your fixed tv!,hopefully!

Comment

Originally posted by multimeter View Post
          what do you chaps think of this one? http://www.rigoloscilloscope.co.uk/w...-7-LCD-48.html
          I think that from the moments that those fresh 2GSa/S came up,
          the older 1GS/s started to roll down, but this sounds normal for 4-7 years old models!!

This is the one that I am very close to get.
          http://www.batronix.com/shop/oscillo...ol-DS2102.html
          Last edited by Kiriakos GR; 07-26-2012, 11:43 PM.

Comment

I appreciate this is an old post from three years ago.

If Kiriakos GR is still around on these forums and he did get the Rigol 2102 I'd be interested into hearing his thoughts..... I too am thinking of getting one.

What kinda put me off was some post on another forum complaining of the fan sounding like a 747 on take off..... and also a number of people reported the controls knobs being cracked.

If anyone can provide any help or suggest anything better I'm all ears and would appreciate.

Apologies for cranking an old post. Dave.

Comment

i think Kiriakos got banned!

Comment

Sorry my bad, just that I've seen that word on other forums and they still posted.

Oh well, thanks for the heads up..... won't bother hanging about, s'pose I could start a new thread.

Thanks, Dave

Comment

Hey, just in case anyone else is planning on buying equipment, if you go to that TEquipment.NET site to purchase it, you can get a discount code, 6% off I believe. EEVBlog has a whole thread dedicated to this discount. The people at TEquipment.NET set it up with them. Too bad BadCaps.net didn't have something like that setup with some good company for test equipment.

If it ever happens, who ever makes the deal should make sure it's at least 7%!
                  -- Law of Expanding Memory: Applications Will Also Expand Until RAM Is Full

Comment

Originally posted by Spork Schivago View Post
                    Too bad BadCaps.net didn't have something like that setup with some good company for test equipment.
                    Having been a member of both forums for about 5 years each, I can tell you that the members and audience between the two are vastly different.

Badcaps has a lot of first time DIYers who can barely use a multimeter whereas eevblog has members talking about the DMM chipset inside a multimeter. Tequipment, in their best interests, targets the latter.
                    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Ahh, that explains a lot. Seeing how I probably fit mostly in the first category (first time DIYers who can barely use a multimeter), that's probably why I didn't realize what you're saying.

Too me, the people here seem really intelligent and extremely helpful. I know there's a LOT more people over at the other place, but I kinda feel sometimes because there's soooo many of them, it's not so personal. I kinda like the personal feeling. You know, here, it kinda feels like home. There, it kinda feels like I'm in NYC or something.
                      -- Law of Expanding Memory: Applications Will Also Expand Until RAM Is Full

Comment

I have no idea about using an oscilloscope but i would like to learn. For repairing motherboards can i use a DIY type sainsmart oscilloscope like DDS120 or Hantek 6022BE and the Owon pc based models. Are they useful or totally crap...
                        please suggest something that will do the job. i am not looking for something fancy and expensive that require a lot of professional experience. I know Rigol offer really good oscilloscopes but they are for professionals and people who use it very often. I need an oscilloscope for use like once or twice in an year.
                        please suggest a good oscilloscope which is value for money. i was planning to purchase this one but for a second opinion i would like to ask you guys on this wonderful forum.
                        Last edited by bucephalus; 03-07-2016, 09:53 AM.

Comment

no, unfortunatly for motherboards you need speed - lots of speed.
                          even 100mhz is very limited.

Comment

Working...
                          X