LG 50PK590 No Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 50PK590 No Display

In regards to this post, I have tried everything. I get all voltages that matches on the panel (Vs etc)... all ok.

The issue is, powers on, got normal power on clicks but screen remains black. No light on panel. How do I test the ysus board?
    Full-time computer repair tech (10am - 6pm) and full-time, (8am - 11pm), Ruby on Rails Developer

Re: LG 50PK590 No Display

just repaired one of these.

On the y-sus there are 2 resistors marked VSC and -VY. What is the voltage accross them?

Also the test points marked VZB. What's the voltage accross the 2 test points?

Comment

VZB is on the z-sus

Comment

Thanks for few pointers. I've just left work so I'll confirm tomorrow.
        Full-time computer repair tech (10am - 6pm) and full-time, (8am - 11pm), Ruby on Rails Developer

Comment

Originally posted by Hamie View Post
          just repaired one of these.

On the y-sus there are 2 resistors marked VSC and -VY. What is the voltage accross them?

Also the test points marked VZB. What's the voltage accross the 2 test points?
          VSC: 148Vdc / 0Vac
          VY: 188Vdc / 0Vac

Are those correct?

Comment

That's about right.
            VZB?
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
              That's about right.
              VZB?
              108.9Vdc

Note, When TV powers on, the screen lights up then goes out in a split of a second.

Comment

Check the 2 or 3 resistors on the power supply.

If it has 2 resistors they will be 22ohm 5watt
                If it has 3 resistors the will be 10ohm 5watt.

You can check them in circuit.

Comment

Resistors located top right of the supply. Close to the z-sus connector.

Comment

Check the 2 or 3 resistors on the power supply.

If it has 2 resistors they will be 22ohm 5watt
                    If it has 3 resistors the will be 10ohm 5watt.

You can check them in circuit.
                    All three read 10ohms

Comment

Does the Vs from the power supply (around 200V) stay up or collapse after the flash? What about the other voltages, Vsc, -Vy etc.?
                      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

If like Tom says all the voltages are staying up and not dropping.

Connect these 2 holes on the control board and disconnect the LVDS cable to the mainboard.

If you get test patterns on screen you have a bad mainboard.

Comment

If like Tom says all the voltages are staying up and not dropping.

Connect these 2 holes on the control board and disconnect the LVDS cable to the mainboard.

If you get test patterns on screen you have a bad mainboard.

Got test patterns. Well done. Thanks both of you. So main board is at fault. I'll see what's on eBay's.

Comment

You will probably struggle to get a mainboard as the are scarce.

However you will get a mainboard for a 50pk350.
                            The board will work (I've done it)

But the back cover will need to be modified to fit the board as it has 2 Scart connections and only 2 HDMI.

If you choose this option, It will lose the netcast and HD Freeview unfortunately.
                            But last I checked the 350 mainboard are only £20.

Comment

I know. I'll dig around and consult the customer. Thanks.

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-EBT610394...item3a82d46f8d

If I dont get my 50pk590 fixed you are welcome to all the parts that are working.
                                You are only too old when you say you are too old!!!

Comment

Bringing up this post again. Do you think that if I flash this tv bios, it would solve the issue? I still have not sorted this tv...I may just keep it for personal use.

Comment

Whats your main board number ?
                                    Recently stripped one these cracked screen

Comment

hello. I am new to this forum, I do not know anything about tvs. as l have been reading the above this is exactly what happened to my tv. can anybody show me a picture where the main board is. My tv is LG-50pk350. I am willing to have a go at it.

Comment

Maybe have a read of this thread too and what seems to be the problem with your set?
                                        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...hlight=50PK590

Comment

Working...
                                        X