LGPK590 Plasma TV Strange Display Not Seen Before

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LGPK590 Plasma TV Strange Display Not Seen Before

Ok had a new Zgemma box plugged into my LG and whilst connecting up to my motorised satellite dish the LG went belly up. I am pretty sure it was the Zgemma box and the fact I had switched on the antenna amp and was messing about with the lead on the roof connecting it to the various dishes. My bad...very bad!!!

On switch on, At first the screen was dark and would eventually get brighter once heated up but there is a burnin off the Zgemma Ipab tv image on every i/o input and channel along with lots of multicolor snow interference now, sometimes you will get a few black tears in the bottom left of the screen appearing. Have tried the usual white screen ISM to get rid of it in vain as expected!

Now the screen appears split in two with the lower half being slightly redder and the whole thing looks very like a negative image on a photograph at times ie solarization as its known in photography. Still watchable but a right pain in the "B".

I already repaired the thing by fixing the common resistor failure fault on the psu a year or so age and had to replace the Zsus board and cpu board as they were both fried as well - has been working well since.

I am thinking its either zsus or ysus or both but mainly a new z-sus.
    Any thoughts guys as I havent seen this particular fault before???
    Attached Files
    Last edited by omendata; 01-08-2019, 09:44 PM. Reason: update
    You are only too old when you say you are too old!!!

Re: LGPK590 Plasma TV Strange Display Not Seen Before

PS I must thank Hamie who came out to my flat to help me repair the tv last time it went on the blink!

Cheers Hamie i owe you a bevy or two...maybe even three!

Comment

Re: LGPK590 Plasma TV Strange Display Not Seen Before

Hmm i think its actually the I/O Board now!
      All voltaqes within spec.

No takers?
      Last edited by omendata; 01-11-2019, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X