Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UA50KU6000 50" Smart TV

Hi all,

Firstly, I am no technician so I am not sure what I am looking at, but I am handy with a soldering iron and will give most things a crack. I have a friends tv and it is stuck in a boot loop. Comes up with "Smart TV" on the screen and then cycles over and over. Now I am assuming that it is the control board doing this not the main power board. Would I be right? how can I determine which board is faulty. I have tried looking for schematics and drawings but cannot find anything. I am at the mercy of everyone here for help.

The capacitors on the main power board look fine, no scorch marks or bulging tops. I have checked for dry joints and broken tracks. Anything else?

I have attached two photos if this helps determine what I should be looking for.

Thanks everyone.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung UA50KU6000 50" Smart TV

If you disconnect the lead between the 2 boards the set and backlights should come on. This means power board and screen is okay and your fault is on the main board.

Comment

Thanks sintv - I did as you suggested and sure enough the back lights did come on. So my next question if I may, is what should I look for to determine the problem on the LCD board? Any suggestions?

Thanks
      Greg

Comment

Originally posted by sintv View Post
        If you disconnect the lead between the 2 boards the set and backlights should come on. This means power board and screen is okay and your fault is on the main board.
        Hi Sintv

I have identified what I think is a voltage regulator, looking at the component in question, the meaurements are
        Drain/Gate - 11.1v on / 0.7v off
        Drain/Source - 12.5v on / 0.6v off
        Source/Gate - 1.46v on / 0.00 off

Do these numbers mean anything? I was thinking that if the same voltage is not on the output side as it is from the input, then something is wrong. Is this correct?

Thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

Anyone else able to assist a newbie?

Comment

There a firms on Ebay who will repair the board for your fault. I think they replace one of the large ICs at 2 and 5 oclock of your arrow

Comment

Working...
            X