Ocosmo E32 Backlight LED Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ocosmo E32 Backlight LED Replacement

Hello all reading this post. I have an Ocosmo E32 TV and have isolated the backlight problem to one defective LED. Testing the good LED strips I have found that each LED drops about 3.0VDC across it. Also from reading and using my DVM each LED draws about 350mA of current. My unit has 7 LEDS on each strip with a total of 21 LEDS. Guessing from this the series supply voltage should be 66 VDC. I have removed the defective LED from the LED strip and using my micrometer I'm getting a 3.5mm x 2.8mm layout. Would this be defined as a 3528 LED SMT? The next question what temperature is this LED 6000K? Is it cool white?

Where can I get just the SMT LED to fix the LED strip?

Attaching Photos of Device and removed LED from strip.
    Attached Files

Re: Ocosmo E32 Backlight LED Replacement

Yes it's a 3528 and no there is no way to know the colour temperature that I'm aware.

You can get individual leds from aliexpress and even ebay. Or you can look for a single working strip from that particular model and replace it as a whole.

Comment

If you look at all the LEDs, the lenses are all yellow and heat damaged and the strips should be replaced with new. With these low end, white label TVs (RCA/Element/Haier/Proscan/Westinghouse), new strips are impossible to find. With low resale value and no availability of new strips, I don't bother with them anymore. The part number usually has the screen size embedded in it. Shopjimmy shows out of stock but even for $30 plus shipping, it is more than the value of the TV (32" non-smart). Replacing the single bad LED is a temporary fix since the remaining ones are likely to fail.

https://www.shopjimmy.com/westinghou...ight-strips-3/
      Last edited by neilc6; 07-28-2021, 09:29 AM.

Comment

My recommendation is to replace ALL the LED strips with new ones. You will not wnat to have a repeat failure with the older ones acting up in the short term. Do a complete job once and for all.

Comment

Looks as I have found some that will work. All 3 for $12.35 from ebay.

Product information

Condition: Brand NEW
          Size (Length): 630mm
          Number of LED beads: 7 per strip
          Every LED Lamp Voltage: 3V
          Package include: Kit / 3pcs(1*B1+2*B2)

May have change connector or cut harness and solder directly to panel,
          Attached Files

Comment

Those strips looks like they are for LG models. You will likely have to wire direct and cut new holes in the reflector sheet. For a 32", it isn't too much work and they are likely wired in one long string but you don't want to do this for for larger TVs. If the lenses are different, you may get an uneven backlight but don't think it will be an issue in a small TV.
            Last edited by neilc6; 07-28-2021, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Update: I took your advice and replaced all 21 LED's. I used my Hakko FR-801 set on heat range 4 and air at 10. Each lens popped off in a few seconds and just dressed up solder pads with fresh solder. I let the pads heat up until the solder was molten then placed the new LED on the pads and it seemed to seat by itself with gravity. Tested each LED after soldering to insure proper polarity and connection. I am going to mask the LED's off and paint the light strip with white glossy enamel spray paint to make the panel uniform as each replaced LED area was discolored due to heating. Using urethane glue to put back down the diffuser lenses. Will submit pictures of light strips when completed.

Comment

Originally posted by Schoenradt View Post
                Update: I took your advice and replaced all 21 LED's. I used my Hakko FR-801 set on heat range 4 and air at 10. Each lens popped off in a few seconds and just dressed up solder pads with fresh solder. I let the pads heat up until the solder was molten then placed the new LED on the pads and it seemed to seat by itself with gravity. Tested each LED after soldering to insure proper polarity and connection. I am going to mask the LED's off and paint the light strip with white glossy enamel spray paint to make the panel uniform as each replaced LED area was discolored due to heating. Using urethane glue to put back down the diffuser lenses. Will submit pictures of light strips when completed.
                I sure would like to see your results
                9 PC LCD Monitor
                6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
                10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
                6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
                1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
                25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
                6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
                1 Dell Mother Board
                15 Computer Power Supply
                1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
                2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
                All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

These are the finished panels. I used a high gloss white enamel paint and then used a urethane clear glue to attach the lenses.
                  If you're wondering why the center panel is a little off white after the LED's it's because I masked off the part numbers for reference.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Schoenradt; 08-05-2021, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X