Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eda50 la-h271p bios help please

hello all

originaly this laptop eda50 la-h271p / Precision 7540 it had bios password, i tried to unlock it, so i install file back on and some bios give me fan spin, but not working so i decided to install back original file which i am including here but this is not working any longer, laptop doesn't start anymore, i was wondering if anybody can help,original file included here
    Attached Files

Re: eda50 la-h271p bios help please

So the game over in tears and regrets huh?
    (SMDFlea was absolutely right, guide for dumping a bios file should be written.)

So try it, I hope it will be fine, if not there is another solution too.
    And use verification after programming the chip, also read chip again and compare the content.
    Attached Files
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.​
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
      (SMDFlea was absolutely right, guide for dumping a bios file should be written.)

And use verification after programming the chip, also read chip again and compare the content.
      hi Vesko356 yes in this case i regret taking it on as this seems new generation laptop and not worth it for me, now broken laptop and no solution, i tried this bios and same issue, 1 light, 2 lights and nothing no fan spin or nothing cpu not getting hot

Comment

Originally posted by mgjini View Post
        hi Vesko356 yes in this case i regret taking it on as this seems new generation laptop and not worth it for me, now broken laptop and no solution, i tried this bios and same issue, 1 light, 2 lights and nothing no fan spin or nothing cpu not getting hot
        Strange, it should work with this file. Did you verify the content of the chip? Did you solder/desolder the chip correctly (also check voltage at pin #8)? Take high resolution photos (and upload them here) of the bios chip area. You may have unnoticed damaged some small component from the surrounding area.
        Last edited by Vesko356; 08-04-2021, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Strange, it should work with this file. Did you verify the content of the chip? Did you solder/desolder the chip correctly (also check voltage at pin #8)? Take high resolution photos (and upload them here) of the bios chip area. You may have unnoticed damaged some small component from the surrounding area.
          Hello Vesko356 I have taken some pictures and some measurements also on the pictures, I get 3.36v on some points but on some there is 0.42v and opposite 0v please kindly see pictures, when I tried to unlock this bios I use lbe paid membership, I ticked reset nvram and reset pram during the compilation of new bios, as far as I know I have not knocked any components as I use microscope
          Attached Files

Comment

OK, lets try the recovery method, format some usb flash drive in fat32 filesystem, unzip the attached archive, and copy the recovery file to the root of the flash drive. Insert the flash drive into a USB port, remove the battery, press and hold the CTRL and ESC keys on the keyboard (laptop keyboard don't use usb keyboard), and insert the power jack into the laptop, keep pressed the CTRL and ESC keys until the BIOS recovery page appears.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Vesko356; 08-04-2021, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Hi Vesko356, please give me few days to try, just now I tried a hp 650 g4 which also uses big chip, I use this guys program to remove hp password, I have bought about 2-3 days ago a Chinese sop 8x6mm and 2 tries i brake to laptops, so now this hp 650 g4 all I had to do is remove password which lbe does and install file back, I install file back, I am having fast fan spin, I am trying all rams model still same issue, but normally when I install original file back laptop should go back to its original state, in this case even original file is not working now fan fast spin, I can't figure out what is braking those 256 chips, the connector is reading the chips fine, why aren't laptops going back to original state with original file, I don't know if I am choosing the right option file on rt809h programmer should I be clicking on some other down the column, please see pictures,
              Attached Files

Comment

The laptop is under warranty, ProSupport Plus ⦁ Expires 13 JAN 2024

With one phone call and with proof of ownership it would have been unlocked........
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                  The laptop is under warranty, ProSupport Plus ⦁ Expires 13 JAN 2024

With one phone call and with proof of ownership it would have been unlocked........
                  i buy pallets of laptop so is nothing to do with me that

Comment

Reading the chip is a simple job with the appropriate tools, with the patience and using a common sense - read the data from the chip twice and save it to a file each time.
                    Verify the checksum of both files.
                    This is to make sure that there is no corruption when reading data from the chip. Did you do that? Of course no!
                    And this leads to a situation in which none of us is sure that the backup is good. And probably it isn't. Because if it was good, the laptop would have to power on again.
                    Almost the same story as this one.
                    Five minutes of extra work to secure yourself from troubles. Simple as that.

Comment

So I have a hp 830 g5, which also has this big chip and I am not comfortable to sell this laptop, so I decided to create bios password and test again the procedures, with other chips I always try to find the name on the list which is printed on the chip for example I would find mxl12875f rather then on right side click on the first one on the list, so with this 830 g5 I decided to scroll down to find the closest name like printed to the chip rather then choosing the first one, so this laptop works this way, but choosing what I have highlighted on the picture broke 2 laptops, I am going to choose on the hp 650 g4 which had bios password I will choose a different file rather then the one on the picture

So far choosing what is ok the rt809h first file on the list broke, hp 650 g4, dell precision 7480, dell xps 13 9360, those all have big chips, hp 830 g5 working after choosing the file which is closest printed on the chip
                      Attached Files

Comment

I don't want to flood this post but just an update, so by choosing the first file on rt809h broke 3 laptops of mine, one of them was a 650 g4, I have 2 of those, so I decided to remove chip from the other one and put on this one and now laptop works, I have tried to put the original file where I took it from and i had same issue, so somehow I have to replace the chips on those other laptops
                        Attached Files

Comment

My friend, there was a problem with finding DUMP for this laptop. Is this dump a worker, but unfortunately the password in the BIOS remained . Can you help me take it off? and if it 's not difficult to clean ME region right away with BG fixed to 0 ? Thanks.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hello, can someone please help me with fixing this bios?

Update got stuck at 80%, and now no power.

Only amber light when power button is pressed.

Recovery CTRL + ESC not responding

Many Thanks!

LA-h271P REV1.0

Dell Precision 7540

LE: CANNOT PROVIDE SERVICE TAG/ SNID. System worked , but from time to time when powered on, it entered manufacturer mode , and service tag was was blank. On the rear of the laptop sitckers were damaged so i was unable to read it. I'll ask client if he can provide me with service tag or serial numbr.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by cristiannec; 01-10-2024, 06:41 PM.

Comment

for me is working but it has password

Comment

Originally posted by claudiuccg View Post

for me is working but it has password
                            what is your exact issue
                            if you have a backup than post it with service tag

Comment

hi all, EDA50 LA-H271P Rev.1 bios need for my locked file pls
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by viji90 View Post
                                hi all, EDA50 LA-H271P Rev.1 bios need for my locked file pls

RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*
                                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...before-posting

You MUST:

Comment

Service Tag do not know sticker got erased

Comment

Originally posted by viji90 View Post
                                    Service Tag do not know sticker got erased
                                    service tag: CV15H53

1st boot, press F2, write service tag, disable Absolute, save (Apply changes), restart. 2nd boot press Alt+F to exit manufacturing mode
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                    X