Westinghouse L2410NM No Power, No LED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Westinghouse L2410NM No Power, No LED

After some time running with the new power board, the monitor flickering seems to decrease to just 3-4 times a day. I noticed, heavy flickering starts when the monitor's back is under direct sun light. This means, one of major causes is definitely HDMI chipset overheating. There seems to be 2 identical chipsets despite only 1 HDMI port, may be another one for VGA port, or analogs?

I want to put a fan just above the 2 chipsets with heatsinks. Would you suggest to use a 5V or 12V fan for this application? The power supply gives 5.8V, 10.8V, 3V to the main board, also 3V and 25V on the other side to the inverter board. Did I hook it right to the power supply? Is there any difference from which terminals it will be powered on, since there're several with the same voltages? The monitor doesn't have sleep mode by design, it goes to blue screen low power mode when the PC goes to sleep, so how it will affect the fan spinning?

Or may be you can suggest a better location, orientation, or fan type, since I've several? In this orientation, airflow will hit partially (half) overlapping section of the plastic back cover placed just above the metal cage. Another location can be between the power supply and main board standing and directed along the air flow from the monitor's bottom to top, but the fan must be smaller size, possibly higher RPM.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sambul83; 11-23-2015, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Re: Westinghouse L2410NM No Power, No LED

Good afternoon everyone. I too have a Westinghouse L2410NM No Power, No LED. I have been studying this discussion and there is a wealth of information posted here on the monitor in question. Some of the info goes a little over my head. I'm needing some direction on my diagnosis. Should I start the discussion here or start a new one?
      Sorry for the confusion, I just didn't want to get off on the wrong foot.

Comment

Working...
      X