Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hisense 58R6E3 (Backlights, sounds, no picture)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hisense 58R6E3 (Backlights, sounds, no picture)

I'm working on a Hisense 58” R6E3 $398 Walmart special Roku TV. I picked it up free as the previous owner just said the picture went black so I assumed I'd be doing LED strip repairs. As it turns out the backlight is working fine, the TV responds to remote signals as I can here the typical Roku menu sound effects. My first thought after some typical voltage checks was a bad t-con board so I ordered an eBay damaged set pull for $5. Swapped it out and no change.

Before I order a replacement main board, I wanted to see if anyone else had seen similar issues with this set? I pulled the bottom bezel and don't see any signs of damage, physical or liquid to the driver boards and ribbon cables. Other than a few scratches on the screen that didn't equate to cracks, the set looks to be in perfect physical condition.
    Attached Files

Re: Hisense 58R6E3 (Backlights, sounds, no picture)

Have you checked the Tcon fuse and it has the supply voltage present.

You could try disconnecting one of the ribbon cabbles from the tcon to the panel and then power up to see if you have half a picture. Repeat for each ribbon
    Last edited by dick_barton; 08-17-2021, 10:45 AM.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

I couldn’t find what normally looks like a fuse to me but I did get 12v, 3.3v, and 1.8v at different spots on the board and the t-con has a green light lit at the 1.8v spot. The only thing that seemed suspect to me is an area marked (with a perimeter line) 15v near the input cable from the main board is only showing 1.1v.

I did pull ribbon cables from the t-con to the panel driver boards and didn’t see any change.

I can get a photo of the t-con shortly.
      Last edited by curt2199; 08-17-2021, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Connect one side at a time between the tcon and panel. This will determine if there is a problem in the panel.

Comment

Done. Disconnected both and connected one at a time. No change.

Originally posted by neilc6 View Post
          Connect one side at a time between the tcon and panel. This will determine if there is a problem in the panel.

Comment

I have the same problem but with the same model and 65 inch version. Ribbon cables to driver boards were disconnected one by one to see if I could get half an image and there was no change. Does anyone have an idea on what could be done next.

Comment

I would say mainboard problem.
              I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

post some focused pictures of each board and one of the whole back as to see how everything is connected.

Comment

I have same tv with same problem. Hisense 58R6E3 (Backlights, sounds, no picture)
                  What was issue. I replace main board and tcon board. Still same problem. Anyone have test guide on the Tcon board.
                  https://www.shopjimmy.com/insignia-v...-1502914734448
                  Last edited by itronic; 09-17-2022, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by neilc6 View Post
                    Do this step first

Comment

Looking at the back of tv.

unhook left ribbon and tv show half white screen other half black.
                      unhook right ribbon and tv show whole black screen.

testing tcon test points now to. Showing the issue is lcd panel on left side

Comment

Below is images of Test points results. Image A is Standby with no ribbon cable plugged in. Image B is with RH side ribbon plug in and LH Side Unhooked.

Voltages is the same on Image B if in standby or Turn on. Also you have the Gm voltages on Image B

IF RH side is hook up and left unhooked. The screen is white on the RHside and LHside is black looking from the back side.
                        IF both cable is hooked up. The screen is black on both sides.
                        Same is the LHside ribbon is hooked up and RHside is unhooked. both is black.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by itronic; 09-17-2022, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Did this step and my result are posted above. Anything else i can do or is panel down.

Comment

can try the "tape cut-off" method, there's a crapload of how to videos on youtube if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                              can try the "tape cut-off" method, there's a crapload of how to videos on youtube if needed.
                              Anyone know the pins for CLK 1-8? They don't appear to be labeled on this T-CON. Would love to try blocking the CLK lines to the RH panel before I trash this TV.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfrRhw7-ZII

Comment

Thanks for the input. Ill check this out and repost later.

Comment

This tape trick will not work with a grounded panel. After testing, The right side of panel works fines. The left side reads grounded. So still testing. Going to induce voltages to fine short.

Any one have another way?
                                    Thanks in advance

Comment

I am having the same exact problem basically identical to yours, tv and all. I have replaced the t con board and it's still not fixed. when undoing the ribbon cable it shows 1/2 black 1/2 white while the left ribbon cable show completely black screen. have you found a solution yet?

Comment

Originally posted by itronic View Post
                                        This tape trick will not work with a grounded panel. After testing, The right side of panel works fines. The left side reads grounded. So still testing. Going to induce voltages to fine short.

Any one have another way?
                                        Thanks in advance
                                        have not heard of this before, where did you get this info from?

Comment

Working...
                                        X