Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help to identify this chip?

hi friends
    I have the following marketing id on the chip as in pics> DU F67L...
    it belongs to nvidia 1060 graphic card... these 4 ics were shorted to ground after one of the mosfets failed. but I don't have any idea to what are they to order them online. and would really appreciate any help with this matter...
    Attached Files

Re: help to identify this chip?

Do you have a full model number/maker of the graphics card? It might be possible to figure out if we know exactly what the function they were serving was. (Though, this is looking pretty rough.)
    ----

I really am not turning up anything either. It looks like an 8 lead dfn package.. if that helps at all. lol I'm pretty bad with manufacture marks so I'm not sure who made the chip either. :/ You might be better off finding a parts card off of ebay and taking them from that. Though, it's possible the parts card will have the same dead parts on it..
    Last edited by Retro-Hipster; 05-01-2019, 05:44 PM.

“Men always seem to think about their
    past before they die, as though they were
    frantically searching for proof that they
    truly lived.”
    – Jet (Cowboy Bebop) -

Comment

You're probably gonna have a hard time discovering the actual chips.

They're gate drivers or phase drivers, whatever it's called - it's chips between the vrm controller and the two mosfets for each phase (or in your case 1 hi-side mosfet and 2 lo-side mosfets in parallel for lower losses)

Maybe search reviews for gtx1060 cards and see if review is detailed enough to list them but i doubt it.
      Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB Xtreme Gaming seems to have some 8 pin drivers on the back of the card :: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKDwRcjsZns

Comment

Originally posted by Retro-Hipster View Post
        Do you have a full model number/maker of the graphics card? It might be possible to figure out if we know exactly what the function they were serving was. (Though, this is looking pretty rough.)
        ----

I really am not turning up anything either. It looks like an 8 lead dfn package.. if that helps at all. lol I'm pretty bad with manufacture marks so I'm not sure who made the chip either. :/ You might be better off finding a parts card off of ebay and taking them from that. Though, it's possible the parts card will have the same dead parts on it..
        Thanks a lot for the reply. my apologies for getting back late. I was thinking of buying a dead card from as you said but they are expensive though, even when they are dead. considering they are dead and expensive doesn't guarantee the chips I am looking for would work also. So I just gave up that idea. But I do really appreciate your reply. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mariushm View Post
          You're probably gonna have a hard time discovering the actual chips.

They're gate drivers or phase drivers, whatever it's called - it's chips between the vrm controller and the two mosfets for each phase (or in your case 1 hi-side mosfet and 2 lo-side mosfets in parallel for lower losses)

Maybe search reviews for gtx1060 cards and see if review is detailed enough to list them but i doubt it.
          Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB Xtreme Gaming seems to have some 8 pin drivers on the back of the card :: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKDwRcjsZns
          Hi
          thanks for the reply. and my apologies for the late reply.
          yes it seems to me that they are gate or phase drivers too. and yes they are connected to 2xmosfet per phase.
          however, in my case they seems to work as fuses! because one of the mosfets was shorted. not to ground but to 12v feed line. therefore, I was assuming that the mosfet output damaged the GPU. but I am feeding the GPU though the same line with 0.9v and it seems to take under 1amp which does seems a good news.
          now with those drivers attached to the board the card is not working at. and the driver are shorted to ground. all of the 3 drivers. apparently, one of the GPU feeding mosfets has failed but these drivers protected the gpu from possible frying even.

I am still looking, hoping to find it.

many thanks for the explanation/advice and the link.

Comment

Hi, it should be a uP1959 from upi semi (https://www.upi-semi.com/), the top marking is DU, https://html.alldatasheet.com/html-p.../1/UP1959.html

Comment

Working...
            X