XBox One - ADP-200BR - No Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XBox One - ADP-200BR - No Power

Hello community, hope your fine all with health.

I'm here to try to get some of your help diagnosing one PSU from one XBox One.
    The model of PSU is ADP-200BR AA.
    So is one unit that outputs 5V or 12V, i mean, i think the 5V are for standy, and 12V fully working voltage.

Well as most of you should know this PSU have very common faults, and most of them are related with bad caps, but each case is one case, so on this one, after i replaced new caps (all of them on PCB) i plug the power cable on PSU and i don't get any color on his LED Indicator.

So if everything was nice, i should get an orange color lighted and PSU is on Standby.
    But i don't have nothing, i measure the 12V and 5V pins and i get 0V on both.
    I think i get a new issue or still have any problem on PSU, i measure it looking for shorts to GND and nothing beeps, seems all are fine and with nice look.

I get some voltages but i think only on AC side, on DC values are low, unstable or even 0V.

Any suggestion or help of anyone guys ?

Re: XBox One - ADP-200BR - No Power

Look for the switching power supply regulator ic chip and or a PWM controller ic chip or off line regulator or any other type of regulator ic chip the main capacitor for the regulator do you have any power in this section
    Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 02-16-2021, 10:41 AM.
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply
    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Originally posted by sam_sam_sam View Post
      Look for the switching power supply regulator ic chip and or a PWM controller ic chip or off line regulator or any other type of regulator ic chip the main capacitor for the regulator do you have any power in this section
      Sorry, but i don't understant so well what do you mean please could you spepcify a little better please ?
      Thanks

Comment

Well its little hard to tell the values that i have... because some of them i need to put black probe on some Heatsink of some AC transistors to get the big values like 300V around...
        But i have been already replaced all Electrolitic Capacitors, i mean the AC side and DC Side.
        Well, i think the problem is on DC side, because i get big values one AC side, but when i go to DC side seems the values are pulsing in abnormal cicle...

Comment

Look at the area around the switching transformer on the board there should some type of regulator ic chip that has five pins or you will have to Google them to see what type of ic chip they are but it might be easier for you to post some pictures of the front and back of the board

This might also help you

https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.ne...3YYtiFUm4.huge
          Is the pictures that they have in this post what you have because if it is the ic chip that TINY 247 is the type of ic chip that I am talking about these ic chip have a tendency to go bad

If the dc side ( or secondary side of the power supply is pulsing check and see if you have a short with a volt meter on ohms setting and check each power supply rail for shorts

This one might not but it has some troubleshooting tips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvZecSiT5s0

I hope this helps you
          Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 02-16-2021, 01:15 PM.
          9 PC LCD Monitor
          6 LCD Flat Screen TV
          1 Dell Mother Board
          15 Computer Power Supply

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

Comment

Here theres the pictures of actual PSU, Front and Back Side, and i know the IC's you are talking about, but i have 2 on it... NCP1252 and AS358A.
            They look fine and seems they don't have short to GND...
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nrcslim89 View Post
              Here theres the pictures of actual PSU, Front and Back Side, and i know the IC's you are talking about, but i have 2 on it... NCP1252 and AS358A.
              They look fine and seems they don't have short to GND...
              This is great that they are not shorted but this does not mean that they are working correctly though

What is the voltage across the main filtering capacitor on the primary side of the power supply remember that we are talking about main line voltages here so be careful measuring this voltage across the capacitor

If you have an incandescent 100 watt light bulb and can wire it in stead of the fuse would be advisable this would be a little safer way to to work on this switching power supply

Please post your results
              Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 02-16-2021, 01:27 PM.
              9 PC LCD Monitor
              6 LCD Flat Screen TV
              1 Dell Mother Board
              15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

did you remove R910 on the underside??
                it looks like it used to be there!

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                  did you remove R910 on the underside??
                  it looks like it used to be there!
                  Yes but I don't plug power on it.
                  They have bad look and I am looking for a replacements but I don't know the value should I have there... No schematic...
                  Need to discover or anyone say to me the correct one.

Comment

This is great that they are not shorted but this does not mean that they are working correctly though

What is the voltage across the main filtering capacitor on the primary side of the power supply remember that we are talking about main line voltages here so be careful measuring this voltage across the capacitor

If you have an incandescent 100 watt light bulb and can wire it in stead of the fuse would be advisable this would be a little safer way to to work on this switching power supply

Please post your results
                    Ok I will try but it will be easier if you point me on pictures where I can plug the bulb... And make the test.
                    I get on big caps when power is plugged around 300V putting the BLK probe on heatsink (think is GND of AC side) and RED probe on big caps.
                    I test diode mode... Continuity mode, resistor mode and seems all fine.
                    But I don't know how to really test or measure the transformers.

Comment

The fuse is where you see F4A on the board it is the brown in color and what look like a narrow capacitor but if you look at the top of it should say the voltage and amperage on the top of it

With the voltage at 300 volts the “ NCP1252” appears to be functioning now do you know how to check optic sensors because you need to find out if they are working correctly or not

First of all do you have a bench adjustable power supply if do remove the optic sensor one at a time and find which two pins are the LED side of the optic sensor and adjust the power supply to get about 10 milliamperes ( or about 1 volt or so ) of current draw if you can not do it this was use a 9 volt battery an a 1k ohm resistor and it will do the same thing

Now take a volt meter and check the output pins on the optic sensor for a resistance reading of some kind if not reverse leads if you do get a reading of some kind you can assume that it should be still good
                      Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 02-16-2021, 03:41 PM.
                      9 PC LCD Monitor
                      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                      1 Dell Mother Board
                      15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Yes but I don't plug power on it.
                        They have bad look and I am looking for a replacements but I don't know the value should I have there... No schematic...
                        Need to discover or anyone say to me the correct one.
                        so what did R910 have printed on it?

Comment

Well because it s bad look... I can't know the print or the value... When I measure it no beep but give me O.L MOhm....

Another resistor with bad look is on that area as well that you can see in picture.
                          Is one 3R0... Well I know its one 3Ohm resistor...
                          I will find one...
                          But the R910 it will be nice to discover the real value needed to be there

Comment

well you need to find what damaged it - resistors dont burn without help.

Comment

well you need to find what damaged it - resistors dont burn without help.
                              Well you are right resistors need help of some other components to burn...
                              Well it not look at all burned, but the printed label of his value is like "gone" or scrapped in middle so its almost impossible to detect the real one.

Comment

The fuse is where you see F4A on the board it is the brown in color and what look like a narrow capacitor but if you look at the top of it should say the voltage and amperage on the top of it

With the voltage at 300 volts the “ NCP1252” appears to be functioning now do you know how to check optic sensors because you need to find out if they are working correctly or not

First of all do you have a bench adjustable power supply if do remove the optic sensor one at a time and find which two pins are the LED side of the optic sensor and adjust the power supply to get about 10 milliamperes ( or about 1 volt or so ) of current draw if you can not do it this was use a 9 volt battery an a 1k ohm resistor and it will do the same thing

Now take a volt meter and check the output pins on the optic sensor for a resistance reading of some kind if not reverse leads if you do get a reading of some kind you can assume that it should be still good

The Fuse is nice and have continuity, i have one Adjustable DC PSU, so you mean i need to inject on that 4 optioc sensors 1V and max. 10miliamps ?

Comment

Out of the board, the resistor won't have continuity and reads 10MOh - 11Mohm.
                                  Last edited by nrcslim89; 02-17-2021, 05:30 AM.

Comment

so it burned from exessive current.
                                    start looking at what it connects between.

Comment

The Fuse is nice and have continuity, i have one Adjustable DC PSU, so you mean i need to inject on that 4 optioc sensors 1V and max. 10miliamps ?
                                      You need to remove them from the board to test them I do not recommend injecting power to them while on the board
                                      9 PC LCD Monitor
                                      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                                      1 Dell Mother Board
                                      15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

check q901

Comment

Working...
                                        X