HP LaserJet CP1025nw hangs up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP LaserJet CP1025nw hangs up

For some reason, over the past 9 month I have to reboot my printer before I want to use it. Better yet, it does have a static IP assigned! Also it isn't a AC power input problem. Doesn't matter which OS I use, anything from IOS to Win10 over to Linux. Yes, it does have the latest Firmware installed and it didn't help the problem. Technically that printer doesn't owe me anything anymore, as it's doing its job for 10 years or so.

Here is what happens. If I can't print, I try the printers webpage local webpage. If it isn't there, I have to unplug the printer, wait 10 seconds and plug it back in. The local webpage comes back, printer works then fine all day until I am done. Wait a few days until I need to print again and nothing happens.

Very lately the printer has gotten a new quirk. Printer wont print, go to the local IP address and the webpage is there, but damn thing isn't printing.
    Again, unplug AC, wait 10 seconds, plug AC back in, printer works again.

Wait a few days... Wash, rinse, dry... repeat...

I am thinking RAM or CPU issue?

Anyone seen a printer behavior like this before?
    Last edited by CapLeaker; 03-21-2021, 11:32 AM.

Re: HP LaserJet CP1025nw hangs up

what if instead of re-booting you pull the lan cable for 10 seconds.
    so it has to re-negotiate the link?

Comment

Doesn’t make a difference. It needs that hard reboot in order to get things working again. Powering off and on for example doesn’t fix it either. The only thing that would make sense is that the problem is either Firmware (wich it is not, as I updated it) cpu or more likely the ram. Not a router problem either, since I put a new router in 3 months ago. Had the problem before it and after it. Weird.

Comment

2 months late, but ... next time try restarting
        the Spooler (services). I've seen that get hung.

Comment

Nah... that's not it. For now I replaced the printer (now I can print all day and never miss a beat) and put that affected printer on the repair pile for later. When the HP printer acts up, it just plain will not respond to anything at all. Pressing buttons or pinging it on the LAN doesn't do anything / does not respond.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnorrak
            I'd say reseat all possible parts (service manual is available online and demonstrates disassembly with pictures), check surfaces to see if they're clean and good, rotate things without touching the imaging surfaces (honestly, just wear unpowdered medical gloves) to hear if anything makes a sound, and if all else fails, replace the transfer belt and Developer cartridge.
            Yep, that is the plan. I am keeping it in the repair pile for a rainy day.

Comment

Working...
            X