Yamaha RX-A1030 working, no sound output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yamaha RX-A1030 working, no sound output

Hi all, I've started this new thread in order to avoid further polution of thread "Yamaha RX-A3010 working, no sound output"
    Just to recap:

No sound through Audio and AV analogue inputs, only sound when 2ch stereo or pure direct is activated (so no sound when I e.g. choose 7ch of Hall in Munich etc.). Hoever when I connect HDMI I've sound in all options (movie, music, eyc.) First suspicion was the DSP chip/PCB so I bought a scrap 1030 with a good functioning PCB (in this one a driver stage was defective (PRT DC: 67), after I swapped the PCB I've performed a factory reset to get the unit to live , ok then I upgraded to the latest FW version 1.98 also ok. However I still have the same issue.
    Next steps were:
    - Swap of Funcion-1 board >> issue still there
    - Swap of operation(2), video(3) and digital(2) boards >> issue still there
    - Afyer each swap a factorty reset has been executed

Now next step is trybing to follow audio stream with help of a scope (many tnx Budwich for all receommendations given) to determine where the issue may be.

Re: Yamaha RX-A1030 working, no sound output

Hopefully, you will get to a "fixable" point (ie. replaceable component). I tried to follow the SM but my knowledge is limited. Look at page 107 dealing with the digital pcb. The "path" of the digital signal goes thru ic911 ("I see help!!!!" ... maybe it needs help... :-) ). Anyway, it needs support from main processor along with store for its work. I haven't looked further as to what they need to be happy but I am not liking this in terms of "easy repair" at least at my level.

You might check voltage requirements in and around the area to ensure that the components are getting their electrical needs met... especially, if you have changed out boards (functional ones) and still have the same issue. That usually means the root of the problem is elsewhere (powering maybe).

Further: page 145 shows the output of IC911 for each channel and appears to be digital which then is feed to D/A to feed amp / pre-amp sections thereafter... maybe. Might be worth try to check those areas some how. Be careful, use "temporary soldered wire aids" to access points when testing under power.
    Last edited by budwich; 07-10-2022, 07:07 AM.

Comment

oops... I mis-read your initial post and "switched around the symptoms" (ie. hdmi versus analog). sorry. Relooking at things... maybe check around ic702 which takes handles the final stage of signal processing (D/A) for the channels.

Comment

Look at page 148 which shows some of the dealings with analog signals associated with IC701. You should be able to input an analog 1khz tone (or equivalent) via rca's in and find the signal at r/l (depending on where you input to original)... you then should be able to see if it gets switched thru ic701 and out towards the outputs via "B3 connection reference" on page 148.

Comment

Tnx Budwich, will focus on that and check voltages. I've also a suspicion that it might be the DSP chip though and coincedently same issue on 2 boards. Yesterday I had 2 RX-V673 units with identical issues, then reflowed the DSP chips and all good (for now, I know this may be a temporary solution as the TI chips D80YK113CPTP400 are known for their issues...to be continued...tnx!

Comment

Working...
          X