X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Canon Pixma MG2550S dump BIOS

Originally posted by shutt1e View Post
    24c08 dump from a working 2550s.
    no idea how many copies it already printed, but with this i revived two wasted ink pad printers.
    beware. it will change your s/n, i didn't ever tried to edit, i used a ch341 programmer to write the dump, just load and write, no need to erase

btw,rewriting 00ff on the eeprom as joepales said does nothing on my printers
    On mine it worked, probably your eprom has the counter reset, which is what I wanted to do, but not knowing what to change in the code, I reset the eeprom.
    I will also try your code see what happens, thanks
    Last edited by joepales; 06-04-2022, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by enzoca79 View Post
      hello i read only the eprom with firmware and after that the printer don't turn on .
      the eeprom is winbond 25q16
      any suggestions ?
      Try to rewrite the eeprom 24c08 with the code of Shut1e, see if it resumes

Comment

Thanks to all your suggestion, I will try all, if it work...

Comment

Hi everyone,
          I was trying to figure out how to repair my Canon 2550s from error 5B00 and I came here after many attempts. I'm now trying to rewrite the eeprom containing printer's info, but the fact is that I can't find eeprom 24c08 as someone suggested… on my board I can see only eeprom 25q16. Now I'm wondering, why there is no 24c08 even if the model is the same? Rewriting just 25q16 eeprom will solve the problem? If so, does someone have the dump file for 25qq16 eeprom?
          I attach photos of the printer's board… maybe someone could help me on find eeprom 24c08…
          Attached Files

Comment

...see the attached picture, this one is the memory if I still remember well!
            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the reply, shybear. I was thinking the same, but on that IC is written “ 4g08 54653”. Do you think the dump file will work anyway (if that IC is actually a eeprom chip)? I also need to find a way to program it since the package is smaller compared to the one of the 25q16 chip.

Comment

Originally posted by dies View Post
                Thank you for the reply, shybear. I was thinking the same, but on that IC is written “ 4g08 54653”. Do you think the dump file will work anyway (if that IC is actually a eeprom chip)? I also need to find a way to program it since the package is smaller compared to the one of the 25q16 chip.
                If you quickly seach for 4g08 you'll find its an eeprom!
                If you doesn't have the right adapter socket you should have an adapter (that usually is inside programmer kit) where chip have to be soldered (see picture).
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by shybear View Post
                  If you quickly seach for 4g08 you'll find its an eeprom!
                  If you doesn't have the right adapter socket you should have an adapter (that usually is inside programmer kit) where chip have to be soldered (see picture).
                  Oh yes, you're right. I was focused on finding a way to avoid unsoldering and resoldering the eeprom. Anyway, thank you so much, I will try with it. I need to ask you one last thing, the dump file to be used is the one at #1?

Comment

Originally posted by dies View Post
                    Oh yes, you're right. I was focused on finding a way to avoid unsoldering and resoldering the eeprom. Anyway, thank you so much, I will try with it. I need to ask you one last thing, the dump file to be used is the one at #1?
                    no, this one is just the copy of orginal BIOS when the printer was still locked with error.

Try the one of #20 of shutt1e but take care about s/n!
                    I suggest you before to goes on to make a backup copy of your original BIOS.
                    I also suggest to try to fix the issue using service tool 4718 that is compatible with mg2550s!!! (see#16)

Comment

Originally posted by shybear View Post
                      no, this one is just the copy of orginal BIOS when the printer was still locked with error.

Try the one of #20 of shutt1e but take care about s/n!
                      I suggest you before to goes on to make a backup copy of your original BIOS.
                      I also suggest to try to fix the issue using service tool 4718 that is compatible with mg2550s!!! (see#16)
                      Thanks, but I have already tried that solution… unfortunately it seems that if you use another version of service tool before using the 4718, the printer locks and it is not possible to enter again in service mode using the combination of buttons (error 006 pops up). This is what I've understood searching for the reason of error 006… if you know I'm wrong on something please let me know.

Comment

The simplest option for MG2450.
                        1. Dump the eprom content and save it to a file.
                        2. Erase the eprom.
                        3. power and start the printer. the printer will go in error state.
                        4. turn off the printer and unplug it.
                        5. dump the eprom content again, to another file.
                        6. open both files and copy paste the serial number from the first dump, to the second one, at the same adress. save the file.
                        7. write this file to eprom then start the printer
                        The serial is written from: 00000050 to 000000d0.
                        Appears two times. Good luck!
                        You don't need to take the eprom from the board. you just need +, -, scl, sda, pin 8, 4, 6, 5. Works with ch341 programmer.
                        Last edited by Coccolino; 05-22-2023, 01:40 PM. Reason: added more details

Comment

I'm going to give you some advice.
                          for this they must always make a copy of both chips
                          big and small eeprom
                          If they only focus on making a copy of the small chip, they will have problems, since CANON has different versions of FIRMWARE and main board... the same problem is seen here in Latin America.
                          I learned by watching a repair channel, it was the only one that explained about programming and board and firmware versions, while no one else knew.
                          He also knows how to fix error 6800, he just doesn't want to teach.
                          I learned that advice because after watching his videos I bought him a file for a canon MG2510, and that's when he explained it to me.

Comment

Working...
                          X