Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG Xboom PK5 demo mode..probably

Originally posted by tftcamilo View Post
    Any suggestion. I have a pk7 with the same problem.
    my dump from PK5 works fine with PK7 as well, you can reflash your firmware chip without any doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by rcdavi3 View Post
      I work for a major retailer which has the demo units for the PK7, PK5, and PK3. If you look at the bottom of the unit you will see SVC CODE: PK3.AUSDEMO

These are firmware modified units from LG which will disables all controls other than "Enhanced Bass", prohibits Bluetooth, and battery operation. I the only way I have seen people overcome these firmware locks in the past is to open a retail unit, dump the firmware, open the demo unit and overwrite the NAND with retail firmware.
      Now you may convert them to retail version if you have any, see my retail version firmware dump above

Comment

I also purchased 2 demo units of PK3 but haven't figured out a way to turn demo mode off.
        PK3 has a different motherboard design inside. PK5 and PK7 have 64 bit SPI rom chip inside but PK3 don't.
        would be good to use them if possible

Comment

Nice work tomodachi!
          Good to see more useful things getting saved from the dump. Proof that manufacturers don't give half a sh** about the environment and only care to fill up their pockets.

Also, thank you for sharing the firmware here. I'm sure other people will find it useful as more of these demo units are uncovered.

Comment

Hi thank You for work in this project, I have the same problem, but i do not understand how i make the Firmware on the speaker. I can not do this with lg xboom go. Can somebody help me?

Comment

How do you flash the firmware?

Comment

Originally posted by tomodachi View Post
                Hey, I m here again with the solution !
                Finally found a retail version of PK5 and backed up firmware from it.
                did exactly as rcdavi3 mentioned here and result was just as expected.
                after reflash unit will work same as retail version.
                I m posting here the dump, its ok but belong to an older version.
                after reflash unit will work same as its retail version.
                Remember to update firmware after reflash, not only will update software, it will also increase volume to about %20
                To update firmware you need to install an app to your phone named "LG Xboom"
                any questions let me know

Models that work with this dump;
                LG Xboom PK5
                LG Xboom PK7
                Hey there. I have a PK5 Demo Unit and downloaded the bin file. How exactly do i flash the new firmware to the NAND

Comment

Hi, you need a serial flash programmer. if you don't have one you can ask some repair place to reflash it for you

Comment

Hello

Is there any dump for PL7..i have the same issue

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_Jumpman View Post
                      Hello

Is there any dump for PL7..i have the same issue
                      the installation method is in binary form, the following is still needed and the firmware is available.

Maybe the pk will do what you want,

My eyes ..: στριμμένα:

Comment

also looking to find out the steps to push the firmware file onto a demo speaker. is there a method that uses the usb port that can do this, or do you physically have to remove some soldered chip from the circuit board or something like that? the image posted above is for a device that costs $45 on amazon, so its not worth it if that's the case. there's no real direction here on what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by albundyhere View Post
                          also looking to find out the steps to push the firmware file onto a demo speaker. is there a method that uses the usb port that can do this, or do you physically have to remove some soldered chip from the circuit board or something like that? the image posted above is for a device that costs $45 on amazon, so its not worth it if that's the case. there's no real direction here on what to do.

you will have to remove the SPI chip from the circuit board and program it with the binary file that I shared here.

Comment

Originally posted by tomodachi View Post
                            you will have to remove the SPI chip from the circuit board and program it with the binary file that I shared here.

Hey New to this site. Glad I came across it so as I have a demo unit pk7. By chance do you remember which chip is the bios chip on the board? And what flasher did you use?

Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by petapanda View Post
                              Hey New to this site. Glad I came across it so as I have a demo unit pk7. By chance do you remember which chip is the bios chip on the board? And what flasher did you use?

Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks!
                              For you and those who don't know which one to reflash, here it is.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by tomodachi; 08-24-2021, 01:31 PM. Reason: image added

Comment

can it be done over usb somehow

Comment

Originally posted by trueflow View Post
                                  can it be done over usb somehow

unfortunately not.

Comment

Hi to all, I'm new on forum;-)
                                    Have PK7 demo and read your solution- please could you explain wiring and programmer used? Suppose FTDI or similar?
                                    Thx in advance;-)

Comment

Sorry, now I see that you already explained above all my doubts.
                                      Thank you for solution;-)

Comment

Hi, I have a couple of LG XBoom PN7 speakers, one of which was stuck in what I now know was demo mode, only works when plugged in, power button doesnt work, stuck at max volume and no BT. After scratching my head for a while I chanced upon the firmware file for the PK5 from here.
                                        I took the demo speaker apart and found the firmware chip, unfortunately it was only a 1Mb chip, so the PK5 firmware could not be flashed to it. I took the chip off of the board and put it in my CH341A programmer and read the hex from it. I really didn't want to, but I took apart my new fully working speaker, and took the chip from that board. However, upon reading that, it was completely empty with every value was FF. I didn't know whether I had fried the chip or somehow wiped it, and was calling myself a stupid whatever. Anyway, I put the chip back on the board and put it back into the speaker. It powered up perfectly!
                                        So now, with nothing to lose, I put the old chip into the programmer, read the data, saved it, then thought "what the hell" and clicked "Erase". It wiped all values to FF on the chip, I took the now "empty" chip and soldered it back onto the board, put it back together enough to test, and voila, a fully working speaker, works on bluetooth, connects together for dual play.
                                        So if you happen to see one advertised as having "Charging Issues" with the same symptoms as mine, you can easily repair it by merely wiping the chip.

Tldr. If you have a PN7 stuck in demo mode, take the chip off and erase all data from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Blasphemer View Post
                                          Hi, I have a couple of LG XBoom PN7 speakers, one of which was stuck in what I now know was demo mode, only works when plugged in, power button doesnt work, stuck at max volume and no BT. After scratching my head for a while I chanced upon the firmware file for the PK5 from here.
                                          I took the demo speaker apart and found the firmware chip, unfortunately it was only a 1Mb chip, so the PK5 firmware could not be flashed to it. I took the chip off of the board and put it in my CH341A programmer and read the hex from it. I really didn't want to, but I took apart my new fully working speaker, and took the chip from that board. However, upon reading that, it was completely empty with every value was FF. I didn't know whether I had fried the chip or somehow wiped it, and was calling myself a stupid whatever. Anyway, I put the chip back on the board and put it back into the speaker. It powered up perfectly!
                                          So now, with nothing to lose, I put the old chip into the programmer, read the data, saved it, then thought "what the hell" and clicked "Erase". It wiped all values to FF on the chip, I took the now "empty" chip and soldered it back onto the board, put it back together enough to test, and voila, a fully working speaker, works on bluetooth, connects together for dual play.
                                          So if you happen to see one advertised as having "Charging Issues" with the same symptoms as mine, you can easily repair it by merely wiping the chip.

Tldr. If you have a PN7 stuck in demo mode, take the chip off and erase all data from it.
                                          Quite strange, glad it worked for you

Comment

Working...
                                          X