Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hisense 2020 ULED 55U8QF Little Factory Fault end with Big damage !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hisense 2020 ULED 55U8QF Little Factory Fault end with Big damage !!

this set delivered today to my home to inspect and write report to company sold this set 2 weeks before and the customer reject it as it had fault at picture. its look the transport damage happened during the customer sending it back to the company or on the way to me.. who care its not may fault. LOL

this ULED had full array LED backlight. from first look after remove the back cover with dozens of screws as 2 part cover. i found the ribbon cable at the panel side they was not correct fitting in place ( see photos before take the T-CON driver boards & After.) my wounder which company in this world can pass QC for product at this condition.. and the worker who did it never notice that..!!??? any way the set made in (assembly) in Czech republic.

technical test: i did several test to this set to discover any further issue could face users and which sign of defect or errors sign.

Believe me this set had no any protection circuit in HW & SW at all...
    A- if disconnected the 12V line from PSU to LED driver... the set remain on with sound and picture can be seen by torch.
    B- if disconnected the UART ( yes its UART signal ) between main boards and led driver boards .... the set remain ON as above.
    C- If this UART signal disconnected and just 12V line from PSU to LED driver boards.. all back light lit on in high mode. set remain ON as above.
    D- if you remove one ribbon at time between T_CON & panel you will have half screen normal picture.( there is signal feed ) also if you remove both at once the set remain on with sound only.
    E- if you diconnect the 1 or both LVDS between Main boards and T-CON the set remain ON sound Only..

tell the truth i never saw such TV even from hisense like this one.. its look to me good for DIY. hope this info could help any one in the future.
    Attached Files

Re: Hisense 2020 ULED 55U8QF Little Factory Fault end with Big damage !!

Almost bought a Hisense for 10 bucks the other day, glad I skipped it, looks like poor QC.

Comment

i got permit to keep this QLED set.. first things i will do to exam the QLED cells on the panel ... never had before in practice. LOL

by the way QLED and Full Array BL are real sucker for house electricity could be same to OLED

Comment

Uh oh, guess that means you can't trust none of the new technology, the OLED's and NanoCell's definitely are problematic and the QLED's are energy hogs.

Comment

its not only about TRUST. but i will not fill down with companies trick ( just found new Name of Tech or method ). OLED are different. but any others are same.. they are LCD. but they try to increase contrast & Black level.. and here are the trick by full array BL. or some call it local dimming. and other say ULED... other DLED. and other QLED.. and any new name they add the price jump higher..

Comment

Yep, marketing bs, it's still just a turd on a paper plate.

Comment

Any one saw in his TV carrier TV Panel 55 size installed on the set with 3mm double side glue type which used at Mobile screen ?? and the edge of the LCD are on the top of the front. any kids with his nail can take the panel from its place.

more test was the LEDs if the currents ( settings backlight ) dropping it down... the LEDs lids on blue color ??

264 LEDs divided to 5 channel, 4 channels to each corner, the fifth one for the middle only, lighting on alone only when the set start and VIDAA logo was in place.

i did contact Hisense support with phone.. as usual Hisense call center are the best over all brands, explained to them this found. followed with email answer on their mails with all photos and most understandable information.. and waiting on their replay and reaction.

by the way the Panel had no any side COFs, just at the button edge one.

but the story of the Glue with type make me laugh allot.
              Attached Files

Comment

A TV expert should know that QLED is using blue LED backlight.
                Yes, LCD is the same, but backlight is totally different.
                BTW, did you find QLED cells?

Comment

Originally posted by alfatv View Post
                  A TV expert should know that QLED is using blue LED backlight.
                  Yes, LCD is the same, but backlight is totally different.
                  BTW, did you find QLED cells?
                  sorry man this is wrong statement.. they are going blue only at low current. at high / middle / level current they lighting cool white as usual.

this one of reason you cant find at Menu - Setting- picture- Backlight level where you increase or decrease from 0-100. they just replace it with auto-low-middle-high over all these valiable in menu the current are high so they remain white.

Quantum dots are video processing design Chips on main boards to control Panel +T-CON signal. this part of signal drive the LED driver to let specific angel on LED lids higher than other. thought Philips used this similar method to RGB ambilight.

Comment

It could be that Hisense is cheating and using mix of normal white LED light and blue light that is converted to red and green. Or just conversion is not linear at all LED brightness levels. I wouldn't be surprised if they use some sort of inferior solution to lower the cost.

Here is some info about quantum dots and QLED:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_dot_display
                    https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-t...ed-vs-oled-tv/

Originally posted by Diah View Post

Quantum dots are video processing design Chips on main boards to control Panel +T-CON signal.
                    Please share a link supporting this statement.

Comment

Originally posted by alfatv View Post
                      It could be that Hisense is cheating
                      Please share a link supporting this statement.
                      sure 100% cheating. so how they Glue the panel with double side type and panel have very dirty image at dark.

no need to link here .. i am talking over here on practice had underhand . if you like search after HI-View Engine powered by Hisense

Comment

Working...
                      X