Philips 55PUS6162/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Philips 55PUS6162/12

I just put in new batteries last week. The measurement confused me as well, but I did it a couple times with the same results.

I can redo them once I tried updating the firmware. What I just realized being a bit weird is that the update files I got from Philips support are quite different from what I find on their website. Idk if maybe I should try the one from their website instead of the one I got.

Comment

Maybe, suppose they could have made a mistake on what they sent you.

Comment

Welp, I feel like an idiot now. Tried their firmware update with two different USB sticks before and it didn't work, now with the third one it actually did. I don't get why that matters, all the USB sticks are USB 2.0 and have only differing sizes. But oh well, sometimes things don't go as I would like.

Thanks y'all for pushing me to try that and for all your input. I'm slightly disappointed I didn't get to fiddle with the power supply board, but I guess this is technically better.

Thank you everyone!

EDIT: I tried measuring STBY voltage again out of curiosity and I got the same measurements, with new batteries in the multi-meter.
        Last edited by Malacath-92; 11-15-2020, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Nevermind, I put the backplate on again, fastened all screws and plugged in my Switch to check that everything works. And the problem came back in the exact same way.
          Installing the firmware via patch worked again, but I don't trust this working for a longer period. Could the memory on the mainboard be broken?

Comment

It's a puzzle for sure, starting to wonder if maybe you have a bad/weak capacitor or 2 on the power board.

Comment

Maybe there are two things into consideration, maybe a bad memory but i don't think so, or a buggy restoration firmware from philips. Anyway i suggest after the firmware rewrite a service reset.

Comment

Originally posted by Malacath-92 View Post
                Nevermind, I put the backplate on again, fastened all screws and plugged in my Switch to check that everything works. And the problem came back in the exact same way.
                Installing the firmware via patch worked again, but I don't trust this working for a longer period. Could the memory on the mainboard be broken?
                after the tv work. i suggest you inter factory mode and from there make hard reset if nand or spi had problem at sectors this could help

Comment

I'll try to figure out how to do get into factory mode, do a reset and see how long that lasts. Thanks everyone!

Comment

Update the TV with the .pkg file and not the .upg which you can download at the Philips website. The .pkg file is a bit larger than the .upg and the update takes a lot longer but it works much better.

Comment

Still no issues coming up now. I would like to change the thread to say it's solved but I can't seem to figure out where to do that

Comment

Solved how?

Comment

I mean, my TV works, so my problems are solved, right? I'd just want to update the thread title to reflect that.

Comment

But people are curious, as you have asked for help we ask for the solution, as a confirm for this particular model.

Comment

But I said so earlier... but I cam summarize if you want.
                              The problem was fixed by installing the update that Philips gave us. For god knows what reason it only worked with the third USB stick, despite all of those have same specs (besides the last one being a bit larger).
                              As I said it came back once, I installed the update again, reset to factory settings (service mode had no special reset), update with newest drivers from the web (this is maybe new information) and since then haven't had any problems.

Comment

Ok thanks, in fact many times some tv has some issues with some usb pen models, or maybe its capacity, i dont know well but if you go ti advanced editor you can put a smile icon near the thread title.

Comment

Can't find any edit anywhere, so I'll just leave it at that I guess

Comment

i have the same problem..can you please sent me the file to flash my tv firmware??thank you very much

Comment

Working...
                                    X