bump

Comment

Re: Hp Probook 455 G3 DAX73AMB6E1 blinking charge light, not turning on

bump

Comment

bump

Comment

Originally posted by rccrasher65 View Post
          bump
          bump

Comment

BlueMidnight, you out there? sorry I haven't been on lately. I had rotator cuff surgery, and couldn't do to much. I think I can get back to it. I'll get those voltages for you. I read in another thread, An HP board doing same thing as mine, ended up being a shorted cap. He was testing the same coils as we are, just wanted to point that out. Hope all is well.

Comment

BlueMidnight, you out there? sorry I haven't been on lately. I had rotator cuff surgery, and couldn't do to much. I think I can get back to it. I'll get those voltages for you. I read in another thread, An HP board doing same thing as mine, ended up being a shorted cap. He was testing the same coils as we are, just wanted to point that out. Hope all is well.
              BlueMidnight, you on here, finally able to get back at this board. That surgery and recovery definately suck. I can get those voltages for you. I want to get this board working, and then I think I'm going to sell off my equipment. eyes aren't getting any better either, can't see the small components anymore so I think it's time to move on. Let me know if you're a still interested in helping me get this board up and running. Thanks!

Comment

BlueMidnight, you on here, finally able to get back at this board. That surgery and recovery definately suck. I can get those voltages for you. I want to get this board working, and then I think I'm going to sell off my equipment. eyes aren't getting any better either, can't see the small components anymore so I think it's time to move on. Let me know if you're a still interested in helping me get this board up and running. Thanks!
                Bump

Comment

Bump
                  bump

Comment

Bump
                    Can anyone pick up where BlueMidnight left off. Thanks

Comment

There are 13 pages in this thread, I think nobody wants to go through everything so you should summarize the history of the machine, the symptoms, the troubleshooting process, what has been attempted and what's the blocking point now.
                      OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
                        There are 13 pages in this thread, I think nobody wants to go through everything so you should summarize the history of the machine, the symptoms, the troubleshooting process, what has been attempted and what's the blocking point now.
                        We can start with page 12 of thread, post 231, I have most voltages present, they are listed. fan will start for a sec, then shut off. I was about to check voltages Blue Midnight suggested.

Comment

Sorry I've been away for a while. Yes, if you could measure those things you indicated that would be helpful. Read posts 234-237 and continue from there.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueMidnight View Post
                            Sorry I've been away for a while. Yes, if you could measure those things you indicated that would be helpful. Read posts 234-237 and continue from there.
                            Welcome back, missed ya. I'll get on that. Should have some results in the next day or so , Christmas decorations in my work area. Nice to see you back!

Comment

Welcome back, missed ya. I'll get on that. Should have some results in the next day or so , Christmas decorations in my work area. Nice to see you back!
                              BlueMidnight, I'm not getting any voltages, just MV readings I don't know what happened from last time. I got all the correct readings on this board. Now nothing. I can't even get anything on the power supply. No 19V, but both work correctly on my laptop. They both charge my laptop as it's supposed too. This is driving me crazy. I'm going to replace my battery in my Voltage meter, and check again. If no voltages show then, I'm done. I'm not buying another power supply or DC jack. That will pretty much end this board. I'll get back to you. Going to purchase new 9V batt. Not going to trust anything laying around. Thanks

Comment

Well that's not good. Yeah, let me know if anything changes.

Comment

It's my needle probes, I'll try with the one I have, but they are pretty thick. Going to have to order a new set of probes. I'll get what measurements I can get with these fat probes. What pins do you short to turn on board? 1-4 thanks for your patience.

Comment

Short together pins 3 and 4 of connector CN5.

Comment

PL1 = 0.95 V
                                      PL6 = 1.5 V
                                      PL11 = +BATCHG
                                      PL12 = 3.3 V
                                      PL15 = 5 V
                                      PL16 = 1.8 V
                                      PL17 = +VCC_CORE
                                      PL18 = +VDDNB_CORE
                                      PL21 = +APU_VDDGFX
                                      PL25 = 0.95 V
                                      PL28 = 1.35 V

Expect nothing for +BATCHG if no main battery connected. The other named ones are related to the CPU and GPU, and should be somewhere in the general vicinity of ~1-1.4 volts. The exact value varies.
                                      OK PL1-0.941V PL6-1.48V PL11-205.7mv PL12-3.367V PL15- 5.03V PL16-5.03V PL17-1.21V PL18-1.61V PL21- no coil on my board PL25-0.962V

Comment

Your measurement for PL16 should hopefully be 1.8V .

It seems this is a different variation of the board than the one you initially took photos of. There were different configuration options and some do have PL21 missing. If you don't have that, then you should have 2 more coils an inch or two away, near the curved edge of the board. The large coil is PL23 and the small coil is PL24.

It seems to be getting far along in the power up sequence. The CPU has voltage and everything. If it were not getting past an earlier step in the sequence, we could try logically narrowing down the problem with measurements. But as it stands, you're probably looking at fun things like buying a chip programmer to attempt flashing a clean BIOS. From what you were saying before, we may want to stop here.

Comment

Your measurement for PL16 should hopefully be 1.8V .

It seems this is a different variation of the board than the one you initially took photos of. There were different configuration options and some do have PL21 missing. If you don't have that, then you should have 2 more coils an inch or two away, near the curved edge of the board. The large coil is PL23 and the small coil is PL24.

It seems to be getting far along in the power up sequence. The CPU has voltage and everything. If it were not getting past an earlier step in the sequence, we could try logically narrowing down the problem with measurements. But as it stands, you're probably looking at fun things like buying a chip programmer to attempt flashing a clean BIOS. From what you were saying before, we may want to stop here.
                                          Yeah I think I made a mistake with PL16, I'll double check that. Maybe someone on here can flash a new bios, I certainly don't know what I'm doing with that kind of stuff. All 3 boards that I have, have different coils missing, was wondering that myself. but have the same board number. do you think someone on here can flash a bios, or should I just stop here.

Comment

Working...
                                          X