Clear All

Re: Asus X555L backlight shuts off when on battery

Attached Files

Comment

I change the 10uH coil and problem solved. Laptop is Asus TP550LD

Comment

Yeh , its a known issue on Asus platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
          Yeh , its a known issue on Asus platforms.
          I wish I had known this when I had this laptop in the shop
          Wattevah...

Comment

Originally posted by Dannyx View Post
            I wish I had known this when I had this laptop in the shop
            Long time back i started a thread on this very issue. Iwas amazed by the solution put up by one of our members but it worked.

Comment

Many thanks to all as I have just come across this problem saved me a heap of diagnosis time.

Comment

Changed the coil and it works ! Problem solved !

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                  Long time back i started a thread on this very issue. Iwas amazed by the solution put up by one of our members but it worked.
                  Yeah, I am still amazed myself aswell

Comment

I just repaired a asus x555la laptop with flickering screen by changing the coil next to the CM509A chip!

Comment

Good morning guys,
                      to date I still haven't been able to find the solution despite the Boardview and schematics.
                      I find it simply on pin38-40 18v with ac, while without it goes to 8v

Comment

Resolved
                        Last edited by thewill85; 05-15-2021, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thewill85 View Post
                          Resolved
                          How did you do it ?
                          Wattevah...

Comment

I also have a 555 asus laptop with no/very low backlight on battery, 19v on the last few lvds pins with ac power then drops to 8v when power removed, will change the coil first thing tomorrow and report back!

Comment

I had the same problem with an Asus X555L notebook- it works fine on AC, but the backlight turns off when I disconnect AC, even in the BIOS.

I updated BIOS, etc, then read about the back light coil on the PCB attached to the actual panel, on this or a similar post, on this forum.

I didn't have the correct replacement coils, and I figured they should either work or not work, so I ended up putting flux over the area/chips around the coil, then heated the whole area - being careful to cover plastic parts and other heat sensitive parts first with thick foil.

Tested - and its working fine so far.
                              I suspect poor solder caused the issue.

Comment

Hi guys ! I am new here and i have a X553M that hase the same problem.
                                I have a donnor laptop (X553M) with a crack screen but i was wondering if swapping the PCB from the donnor screen to the main laptop screen could solve the problem ?

Is it easily doable ?

Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by joshAU View Post
                                  I had the same problem with an Asus X555L notebook- it works fine on AC, but the backlight turns off when I disconnect AC, even in the BIOS.

I updated BIOS, etc, then read about the back light coil on the PCB attached to the actual panel, on this or a similar post, on this forum.

I didn't have the correct replacement coils, and I figured they should either work or not work, so I ended up putting flux over the area/chips around the coil, then heated the whole area - being careful to cover plastic parts and other heat sensitive parts first with thick foil.

Tested - and its working fine so far.
                                  I suspect poor solder caused the issue.
                                  I tried putting flux around the coil and heat it but without success
                                  Thanks for the info tho !

Comment

Originally posted by Unitekinfo View Post
                                    Hi guys ! I am new here and i have a X553M that hase the same problem.
                                    I have a donnor laptop (X553M) with a crack screen but i was wondering if swapping the PCB from the donnor screen to the main laptop screen could solve the problem ?

Is it easily doable ?

Thanks !
                                    AFAIK, it's impossible to separate the PCB from the panel itself in laptop LCDs because the flex cables connecting the board to the display panel are permanently bonded at the factory. You only option is to either replace the coil or the entire display.
                                    Last edited by Dannyx; 08-25-2021, 10:59 AM.
                                    Wattevah...

Comment

AFAIK, it's impossible to separate the PCB from the panel itself in laptop LCDs because the flex cables connecting the board to the display panel are permanently bonded at the factory. You only option is to either replace the coil or the entire display.
                                      Thanks a bunch i will try to swap the coils !

Comment

Originally posted by Unitekinfo View Post
                                        Thanks a bunch i will try to swap the coils !
                                        Just be careful not to destroy the display or the flex cables, as I'm not entirely sure where that coil is located. Why don't you post a pic while you're at it ?
                                        Wattevah...

Comment

Just be careful not to destroy the display or the flex cables, as I'm not entirely sure where that coil is located. Why don't you post a pic while you're at it ?
                                          Hahaha a bit too late for that i manage to completely destroy the coil on the donnor PCB XD. I dont have a hot air station only a soldering iron,flux and tin solder plus i am a complete noob at this !

Comment

Working...
                                          X