UA32C6900 continuous restaring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UA32C6900 continuous restaring

For future reference for others, here are the photos of the full layout of the boards in this TV.
    The area I heated on the main board to initiate the change in display response (post#17) was near the antenna input at the bottom and the generally within about 60mm of this. Unfortunately I was unable to work out any more precisely the location that made the difference as the display never reverted to the previous fault image and now I dont have any image at all.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tiny68; 08-02-2020, 12:55 AM.

Comment

i can't help you with theese few infos, i can't see by the photos where there is a damage by hot hair, it's up to you, in the mean time you can try the tcon test.

Comment

I tested the tcon on the bench (nothing else connected to it). I supplied 12VDC to the input fuse.
        The current draw cycled from about 40mA to about 65mA every second (or less). I assumed this should have been relatively stable (I checked a tcon from a similar model which was steady on 70mA).
        The test-point measurements were a mixture of stable voltages for some test points and cyclic variation for other test points.
        VCC33 = 3.3V
        AVDD = (3.3 <-> 1.4)V
        VCC12 - 1.2V
        VREFU_H = (3.3 <-> 1.3)V
        VREFU_L = (2.0 <-> 0.8)V
        VREFL_H = (1.6 <-> 0.7)V
        VREFL_L = 0.04V
        VDDMHL_1 = (1.1 <-> 0.03)V
        VCOMS2 = (2.0 <-> 1.35)V
        VCOMS1 = (1.1 <-> 0.03)V
        F_VCOML (2.0 <-> 0.7)V
        VGAMA18 = (0.75 <-> 1.3)V
        VGAMA17 = 0V
        VGAMA16 = 0V
        VGAMA15 = 0V
        VGAMA14 = 0V
        VGAMA13 = 0V
        VGAMA13 = 0V
        VGAMA12 = 0V
        VGAMA11 = 0V
        VGAMA10 = (1.5 <-> 0.7)V
        VGAMA9 = (2.7 <->0)V
        VGAMA8 = 0V
        VGAMA7 = 0V
        VGAMA6 = 0V
        VGAMA5 = 0V
        VGAMA4 = 0V
        VGAMA3 = 0V
        VGAMA2 = 0V
        VGAMA1 = (3.5 <-> 0)V

I assume that this tcon is bad based on the above measurements?
        Last edited by tiny68; 08-07-2020, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Tcon not good or in protection because of panel problem, difficult to say , models behave differently, unless you find smps chip datasheet you can't manage to discover this.
          Last edited by Davi.p; 08-07-2020, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tiny68 View Post
            For future reference for others, here are the photos of the full layout of the boards in this TV.
            The area I heated on the main board to initiate the change in display response (post#17) was near the antenna input at the bottom and the generally within about 60mm of this. Unfortunately I was unable to work out any more precisely the location that made the difference as the display never reverted to the previous fault image and now I dont have any image at all.
            Judging by your photo 3, it appears someone has already tried to fix the mainboard. It looks like the left side of IC 2 contains a large blob of solder, where IC 1 does not. See the attached photo, the area in question is encircled in red.
            I don't know if this is how it's supposed to be, have no experience with fixing Samsung TV's.

re-atari
            Attached Files

Comment

Thank for your comment re-atari. After a long delay due to other distractions, I just got around to checking the main board and what looks like solder blob in the photo is a reflection for some flux on the board.

Comment

Davi.p thanks for your response.

Comment

Working...
                X