Comment

Re: [TUTORIAL] fix asus bios with bios from asus web support

thanks

Comment

Thank you sir

Comment

How to make or rebuild bios with amd processor sir ?

Comment

use only first 3 steps

Originally posted by martha februarini View Post
            How to make or rebuild bios with amd processor sir ?
            Im Back... sort of...

Comment

Thanks a lot!!! Restored ASUS X542UA(M/B X542UQ Rev2.0) laptop, it locked bios admin password.

Comment

good jobe bro

Comment

many many thanks

Comment

Thank you very much

Comment

thanks
                      Mohammed Mohan

Comment

thank you very much

Comment

Good Job! Thanks

Comment

This is very good honestly. Thumbs up

Comment

TankYou!! 10

Comment

thank you so much that was very helpful, god bless you

Comment

thanks

Comment

hi . im using this trick for a while withe all laptops models acer lenovo hp asus dell ...etc its work fine only make sure that the bios rgn extracted from the update is same size with the original bios rgn .
                                    Last edited by electronica; 12-13-2020, 12:28 PM.

Comment

With ASUS, not everything is quite so simple. I will show you my way. It may be longer or harder but it is the right way to do it in my humble opinion.

For example, you can have 3 similar ASUS motherboards, all being the same model, all of which will have different BIOS versions.

I will give you an example and my version of preparing BIOS from ASUS website and in the process I am always cleaning Intel ME while doing it so you have fully cleaned BIOS, no DMI data, no password, nothing.

Moderator edit: The razor_amd guide has been split off into a new thread -> https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=96604
                                      Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-07-2023, 11:31 AM.

Comment

hm, thank you for kindly sharing your methond... very usefull
                                        anyway, i intended to cover other brands with tutorials (toshiba, acer, hp is very nasty, sometimes bios from web update are encrypted and i found 3 differen methods that work)
                                        but stuff in life happened and im not in industry anymore, although im keeping an eye on forum it has grown on me

just as remark, maybe you should repost and make sticky so that it can be found easyer by other people since you have done such a wonderful job...
                                        anyway, sorry for OT and keep up the good work mate
                                        Last edited by ala_borbe; 12-16-2020, 01:06 AM.
                                        Im Back... sort of...

Comment

No problem, I found very useful info here and this is my way of repaying. It took me a while to make this tutorial but I am glad I did.

Anyway, this method can be used on all notebooks, not just ASUS, with others you just have to know what to look for inside BIOS Region. With HP there are BID's (BIOS ID), search it with Hex app and check which BIOS ID you have and need. Sometimes when extracting exe files from manufacturer website you will get only BIOS Region, sometimes ME Region as well with it in separate file and often there will be whole BIOS images. HP has ME regions in firmware section on their website, and I use those (newer) images when I build new BIOS.

For Acer it is mandatory to copy DMI, they wouldn't give image on screen if missing DMI data in BIOS Region. Toshiba is easy, maybe the easiest.

Lenovo can be tricky, but you often get everything in 1 file. I have written the tutorial on another website but pictures are gone . I wanted to re-post here but I have to do it again someday...

Comment

Working...
                                          X