Sony MBX 224 conversion needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony MBX 224 conversion needed

how to convert dis to uma in sony mbx224?

Re: Sony MBX 224 conversion needed

Not possible dude:

Comment

Sorry but it is possible.i m almost done but geting error while installing graphic driver

Comment

please provide mbx-224 dis to uma details... thanks

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZYF3K5LdwA

Comment

the youtube link u mentioned is about conversion from one ati graphics to another... not to UMA or intel.

Comment

hello, i have same problem. any ideea ?

Originally posted by ganeshcell View Post
              Sorry but it is possible.i m almost done but geting error while installing graphic driver

Comment

Originally posted by drguru View Post
                please provide mbx-224 dis to uma details... thanks
                It may help

https://thelaptech.blogspot.com/2019...chematics.html

Comment

Dont waste your time trying out post#8. Its not dis to uma conversion but conversion from one discrete chip to another as this mb can support 3 different types of graphics chip. I still beleive, conversion is not possible on this mb as LVDS grows from Graphics chip(Pg 2 of schematic), even though some members claimed success on it.

Comment

Agreed. According to page 13 of the schematics, none of the PCH display outputs are routed.
                    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                      Dont waste your time trying out post#8. Its not dis to uma conversion but conversion from one discrete chip to another as this mb can support 3 different types of graphics chip. I still beleive, conversion is not possible on this mb as LVDS grows from Graphics chip(Pg 2 of schematic), even though some members claimed success on it.

Relax there is no harm in going thru it and stop negating others.

Comment

if i remember well, i replaced the vga bga and one vga shorted mosfet on this mainboard and all was just fine with some 30€ spent on bga and staff to fully fix it. i would not go uma on this one since bga is cheap and working.

Comment

Originally posted by dellxps15 View Post
                          if i remember well, i replaced the vga bga and one vga shorted mosfet on this mainboard and all was just fine with some 30€ spent on bga and staff to fully fix it. i would not go uma on this one since bga is cheap and working.
                          It depends how you managed , Every Dis to UMA is possible if we do it in correct way

Soft Version: Just go in BIOS and disable or select UMA for few ones

Hardware Version

1-Removing signal to PCH/IO of Graphic Device present info via removing selected or chosen resistors
                          2- Removing complete circuit of Discrete Chipset and its regulator

3- Providing CPU-GFX separate power for LVDS signal. In new generation motherboards it is not necessary to provide power seperately.

4- Creating FDI channels for I/O circuit

Done.

Comment

If the display outputs from the PCH/CPU aren't routed on the board you cannot do it. You're not gonna pull the PCH/CPU and run a few dozen jumper wires under them to route the required signals.

As for replacing the GPU, this would indeed be the only solution. You just have to pay attention not to buy garbage as eBay/Aliexpress will be filled with "refurbished"/remarked chip that won't work or fail again soon. And of course you need a BGA rework station and the experience to do it. In general parts+tools+labor cost won't make it anywhere near being economically viable for a random consumer 10 years old machine (of course it depends on your local market/economy).
                            OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
                              If the display outputs from the PCH/CPU aren't routed on the board you cannot do it. You're not gonna pull the PCH/CPU and run a few dozen jumper wires under them to route the required signals.

As for replacing the GPU, this would indeed be the only solution. You just have to pay attention not to buy garbage as eBay/Aliexpress will be filled with "refurbished"/remarked chip that won't work or fail again soon. And of course you need a BGA rework station and the experience to do it. In general parts+tools+labor cost won't make it anywhere near being economically viable for a random consumer 10 years old machine (of course it depends on your local market/economy).
                              In Pakistan generally we don't repair laptops , People here tend to buy new rather than repair old So less repair work here and more import from other countries. I agree it depends on person to person . Mostly people are using 5th,7th ,8th or above generation laptops, nowadays no one is using old cheap laptops anymore.
                              Last edited by stingerchamp; 11-04-2020, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stingerchamp View Post
                                Relax there is no harm in going thru it and stop negating others.
                                Even if the guide posted is not correct?? Why mislead others?? First check the guide yourself and stop arguing un-necessarily.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                                  Even if the guide posted is not correct?? Why mislead others?? First check the guide yourself and stop arguing un-necessarily.

Guide is correct and applicable and i am not arguing i am just saying it is correct believe it or not.

Comment

No further comments from me. I leave it at members discretion.

Comment

Working...
                                    X