• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, trying to fix my samsung plasma, thanks for all info

Comment

Hello fellow electronic dudes. I've been helped by tom66 in the past and he has said that this is a good electronics forum to join, so here I am.
      My name is John, I'm from Wales in the UK. Electronics has been hobby of mine for some years, I'm no pro but I will help out if I can.
      Thank you for all your support.

Comment

Hello all, I've read some great threads over the past few months. Y'all seem like a helpful bunch.

I'm new to the forum myself, I'm from Southcoast Massachusetts. I work as a video editor but I've been a lifelong tinkerer. I'm relatively new to the world of component level electronic repairs. However, I'm super stoked to have recussitated a power supply on an old Macintosh computer by replacing the visibly bad caps. After having done that successfully, I figured I would continue to dabble....

I'll be posting on my latest woes with my LG plasma soon, but this is my official hello.

So, "Hello"

Comment

Rivers2000sr new to this forum and any forum for that fact. I am here to find info on fixing my personal electronics. I have found that some forums are really helpful and some are flooded with people trying to,show that they are smarter than other. I've been on the programming side of things for a little while and just decided to try my hand at fixing the other part of my personal electronics. So here I am badcaps show me what you got...

Comment

Hello to all, Trevor from Tobago in the sunny Caribbean. Have very little electronics experience, i'm just as you say an end user. Thanks for creating such a useful resource.

Comment

Topcat, nice forum you put together.

Hey Guys and Gals,
              My name is Richard, I am from Los Angeles, Calif I am an EE in the field of power Electronics. My field of expertise in designing switch mode power Supplies but I like to work on Electronics period. TV's, Power Amplifiers (Cars and Home), Model Trains, Video Games, and now on HDTV's. Yippy!!
              I am looking forward to sharing and learning here with you all.

Comment

Howdy. Trying to fix an LG LCD. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Im Jerry and Im from a very small town in North MS.

Comment

Hello!I came here very often for usefull info and this place is great!I finally decided to register.Thanks everyone for sharing your knowledge!

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                      As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread \"clean\" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                      So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                      where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said \"w00t.. they have a forum\"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                      my name is don would like some advice on tv repair Love working on lcd etc thanks for any help you can give .I live in Cape Breton Nova Scotia Canada Glad to be aboard

Comment

Hi. Trying to fix some LCD screens. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by don81 View Post
                          my name is don would like some advice on tv repair Love working on lcd etc thanks for any help you can give .I live in Cape Breton Nova Scotia Canada Glad to be aboard

Comment

Originally posted by don81 View Post
                            Looking for some help with Dell lcd tv model#w3207c
                            Wait long time to start have to pull power overnight. now will not start amber light on.

Suspect leaky diode or 3v reg feeding 3 volts to micro
                            cannot find schematic anywhere

looking for info please. Don the old guy

Thank you. Have great day
                            Last edited by don81; 12-10-2013, 11:36 PM. Reason: left out some text

Comment

Originally posted by richajem View Post
                              Topcat, nice forum you put together.

Hey Guys and Gals,
                              My name is Richard, I am from Los Angeles, Calif I am an EE in the field of power Electronics. My field of expertise in designing switch mode power Supplies but I like to work on Electronics period. TV's, Power Amplifiers (Cars and Home), Model Trains, Video Games, and now on HDTV's. Yippy!!
                              I am looking forward to sharing and learning here with you all.

Good man to have on site Worked on lot smps not in designing

Hope you dont mind if i post to you

Have great day

Comment

Hi I'm mike from USA. I like fixing electronics however I am a beginner. I am also a member of the eevblog. I am happy to help anyone that I can.

Thanks
                                Mike m

Comment

Hi new to badcaps. i am from the UK and looking for help on a few technical issues

Comment

Hey guys... I'm very excited about this forum. I'm a computer tech, cell phone repair tech, and i'm wanting to learn how to repair tv's...
                                    Edgar

Comment

Hello. I am interested in learning how to repair my own electronics. I have 2 LCD TV's to repair and a Jukebox.

Comment

Hi all, My names Jack.
                                        An Old guy that hand wired COP400's, 8080's and Z80's about the time the PC came out. Seeing a compiler for the first time really blu me away.

Here to learn the new stuff and bring old tips and tricks.

Comment

Hello; I'm called a lot of things, but answer to Sarge. It got hung on me years ago. A long story. I fix, if I can, old and new equipment. Computers, Ham Radio and the like.

Name is Ray - call sign W9RAP, located in the western suburbs of Chicago.

Thanks for the Welcome and access, oh I have questions, but later for them.....73

Comment

Working...
                                          X