And small devices ect since 15 years old
    It's in the blood.... Lol my dad worked for the MOD
    And he taught me a lot growing up

Here's a giggle my first computer IBM PS2... I said that to a
    Friend and he thought I ment a playstation haha

I want to venture in to recycling old faulty LCD TVA
    But have no idea about TVs I know it's cap fault most of the time

So I'm here I'm new al prob get things wrong but be gentle lol

Can't wait to learn and soak up any help I can.

Think this is a great idea
    Cheers

Comment

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello
      I got picture solarozation problem on Samsung LN46A500T1FXZA that's why I'm here.
      Regards
      LN-46-A-500 Guy

Comment

Hi I'm craigos07 and I'm trying to fix my tv I've read a lot of posts on here and think this is right place for advice

Comment

Hi my name is Craig and well I'm having tv trouble, nothin new here then lol. I found this site last night and the advice and data sounds pretty good. Hope that if the issue is resolved it could help others which is why we are here isn't it. Thanks for reading

Comment

Hi there, I´m Tom from Austria!
            I´ve already been playing around with electronics as a child, spending days in the cellar repairing stuff, at a time where VHS VCRs were super cool. I currently work as a hardware/software developer and project engineer for custom lighting solutions. Mainly LED lighting products theses days. Beside that I occasionally do fun projects with microcontrollers and Linux.
            I run a simple Wiki to note things for my own and to share them with others.

When looking for some information on how to fix an LCD TV I recently got for free, I discovered this nice, helpful community. I´m really looking forward to interesting discussions in the forum!

Comment

I am a human.

Comment

i m a mobile phone technicien and some time repairing notebook and unlocking bios password. that's why i'm here.

Comment

Hi, I'm Sathhin. I've just finished my electronics studies at college and have started my own business repairing all sorts of brown and white goods. I used to service stage effects for quite a large manufacturing company based in DK but I've moved on from there now and enjoying working for myself This seems like the place to be and I'm looking forward to contributing where I can
                  http://www.technciallysmart.co.uk - Some helpful info under Fix It Yourself

Comment

Hi. New member here and thanks for the great source of information.

Comment

Hi All,

I am a new member.

Comment

Hi All,

I am an Electronic technician for the past 45 yrs and I have specialized in the servicing of Radios, VCRs, DVD, Computer systems, CCTV, Television and all wireless Communication system (Call sign is 9Z4CC). I have also had training in Marine & Air traffic Control RADAR systems. I have completed training at Raytheon Canada Ltd as a RADA technician.

My past Education is College graduate and the holder of over three dozen Diploma & Certificates in various Electronic Courses ranging from one week to as much as three years full time.
                        At the moment I am involve in the repairs of Plasma, LCD & LED TV systems mostly Sony, Sharp, LG, Panasonic & RCA. I have looked at some other models such as Viorce, Philips an Sceptre.

My work now is getting these broken sets functional in the quickest time for the Customer.

Comment

Hi,

I have been working on a Sony LD TV, model # KDL-46XBR5 which was not coming to life. I replaced the A/V signal PCB which had a problem then the T-CON PCB and the set come to life again. Only this time it has good sound but a vert band of light in the raster on the left side of the Screen.

Can anyone tell me or confirm that the LCD panel is my next PCB for replacement.

Comment

Hi there,

I have a Sceptre 232BV-HD that shows a red light when first plug-in and then it turns blue when power on. The sets comes up good after playing around with action of unplugging and plugging it on and playing with the power button.

All primary voltages are good, power switch and all cable tested good. The Power supply has been replaced and the set came on but the same thing is happening.

Is the main PCB: T.RSC.8. 10B 12305 the problem.

Comment

vocation rehab program got me into a 6mos. computer repair course in 1986-87.... learn basic electronics along with the intro to computer technology. got shocked by electronics and been jolted by it from that time on. lol. Thanks for the BC FORUM.

Comment

Hello everyone!

I'm Gerhard from Osnabrück, Germany.
                                I've done quite a bit of soldering when I was younger.
                                Now I only do private repairs.

Nice board!

Comment

Hi all..

My first career was in electronics repair for a music store. Next, I got into fixing computers and finished my last full-time position as a network guy. Kind of got pushed into early semi-retirement after moving away and my remote service contract expired.
                                  Still fix computers for friends & family and like to salvage band equipment (still playing keyboards too) when the right deal comes along.

What brought me here? One of the bands I'm in uses a Behringer UB2442FX Pro mixer. A couple of channels were acting intermittently so I opened it up to check for any loose ribbon cables like my own MX2642A Behringer had. Different setup on the inside. My problem is that the UB2442FX wouldn't power up after putting the case back together. Reopened and noticed the power ribbon cable running from the power supply to the main board must have got pulled and had two black and one red leads snapped out of the plug on the main board. So... I need to know where on that end plug does the red lead belong. I think it was an outside pin location. I'm joining because other Behringer users live here and perhaps I can share information from my background to help someone else.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Hallo world Badcaps,

I'm hardware and software developer from Czech republic. I was born in age when processor 80386 SX was launched. So I'm quite young and I graduated this year. My specialization is Cybernetics and robotics which is actual electro-engeneer discipline.

I'm very interested in this forums because it helped me to make my work easily many times. Minor part of my developer work is coputer servis. So I from time to time repair motherboards, make reworking and others.

My little company (www.zlincomp.cz) isn't still stable. So, I'm searching for fair freelancer developers and programers which can share work on interesting project. I can offer cooperation especially in web development, SEO, SQL, C# or PCB designs.

I hope I will able contribute helpful facts to this forum.

Regards from czech rep. Jakub (unformally in Czech Kuba.. like GTA1 acronym Kubba)

Comment

Hello,

I joined this community in search of knowledge. I have an associates in electrical/electronics and have been working in a lumber manufacturing facility for over 6 years dealing mainly with PLC's, VFD's, and Optimization Machines. I enjoy learning all there is to know about components and as much about software as I can understand. I also enjoy tinkering with things quiet a bit. Hope to gain much needed insight from many post in the future.

Thanks

Comment

Hi there.

I have a Panasonic 50 inch plasma that I have trouble with. Rather than take it to a repair shop I decided to take it into my own hands and try to fix it. Here because I ran into a problem when repairing.

Comment

Hey all, I've been working in IT for a few years now and in computer systems assembly prior. I've got a HG281D that I'm not ready to let go of yet, and have some questions I hope someone can help with!

Comment

Working...
                                          X