X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello to all fellow hackers and geeks out there,

Started in electronics WAY back in the early 70's; when in my early teens, I asked for a 150-in-one electronics project kit from Radio Shack for Christmas. LOVED that thing, basically wore it out building and rebuilding and inventing my own projects. Worked part time at a TV repair shop in my senior year of High School. Went to college for software but never lost my love of hardware, and ended up at NCR in Ithaca, NY, as a bench tech. Worked there for a couple of years, then over to SCM in Cortland, NY for a couple of years, then to Rochester, NY. Hardware repair jobs dried up in the 80's, so got into software support, then System Administration. Semi-retired now, IT is a brutally demanding field (especially nowadays) that burned me out after 35 years. Found this forum when googling for info on a PhotoVu digital picture frame and want to ask the poster in that thread about documentation and/or firmware updates.
    Remember to hang onto the cold end...
    Walt

Comment

Hi all!
      I'm Nitzan from Israel, a hobbyist hoping to learn.
      I believe that if thigs break its better to fix rather than replace.

this place looks awesome

Comment

Whats up everyone?

I'm embedded systems designer and I usually fix pretty much anything that breaks in my spare time. I have always hated buying anything new cause I felt like it was a waste to throw away something that could possibly be fixed.

Looks like you have a lot of good information on this site and I look forward to taking part.

Comment

Hello all, I am thankful to this forum which has helped to resolve lots of electronics issues.

Comment

I love websites like this. I started out young, fixing lawnmowers and mowing people's lawns, got into electronics in 87 in tech school, didn't stay with it but still have a good AC/DC background, smart enough to ohm out and find broken wires, not so good with circuit level repair, although I did board level repairs on Wyse 60 terminals back in the 90's when I was going to 4 year college, which didn't do much good, got me a desk job much later, and I was still sending out CRT's to my repair guy back in the 90's. Sigh.. I would up here by inheriting a sweet 50 inch Panasonic Plasma TV that I would oh so love to swap out my LED TV for. Cannot .. believe .. how .. much money they want for new 4K's and such, someone's going to get rich or make a decent living fixing these things.

Comment

Excellent resource on this website. Just what I need to troubleshot issue with my 10 yr old Sony TV.

Comment

My name is Jim. I signed on here because 15 years ago I invested an ungodly amount of money in a 50"plasma television monitor, and I will do anything, absolutely anything to keep it running. I'm pretty ignorant, but I follow directions well. I hope I can take from and give to, this forum. Not necessarily in that order!

Comment

Hi, I'm having issues with a free Sharp Aquos lc-70le650u. Maybe this forum can help.

Comment

Parker Cooper
                    I have been interested in electronics forever, got Associates degree in the 80's been repairing things ever since. Love any creatures big and small.

Comment

Hello from the southeast. I like to learn, tinker and repair various items for myself, friends and family. LCD monitor problems brought me but hopefully there will be plenty of other reasons to be here. Glad to help be a contributing member when the time and experience level is right.

Comment

Hello all. I'm on this forum because I'm try to remove BIOS password from my laptop which I forgot. Thanks.

Comment

Hello everyone...especially to the admin...i join this forum because i found this a helpful one in my job...I think i can learn here more...thanks for accepting me here...

best regards...

Comment

Hello. My name is Dale. I found this site looking for ways to fix my plasma TV that won't turn on. I look forward in hearing from all the experts here.

Comment

Hi all. I'm now retired after a career in computing and communications technologies - seen some fantastic changes and progress in my lifetime! Always love the challenge of fixing things that don't work - H/W & S/W. Hope to continue to have fun and share info too.

Comment

Hello,
                                My name is Tomas and i am service technician in Prague - Czech Republic.
                                My specialization is bga soldering, cell phone and sometime laptop repairing.

Comment

Hello,
                                  I found this Forum while looking for Repair Tipps for a Phillips TV.
                                  Tryed some German Forums but its getting hard to get qualified answers these days.
                                  Said this, I hope you dont mind my Grammer or Spelling...of course I will do my best to avoid stupid mistakes.

See ya

Comment

Hi, I just joined because I have a 2008 Samsung 50" plasma tv. The fuse next to the power supply keeps blowing. Replaced once and it lasted one year, replaced again, lasted three months, replaced again, lasted several weeks. I'm close to ditching it and buying a new tv, but the picture is beautiful and I hate to throw something away that seems perfectly good.

Comment

Hi I'm Not Sure If I'm Posting In The Right Place?
                                      I'm Not A Tech But Work On My Own Stuff

Comment

So, I signed up because I'm gonna need some help with a plasma screen, but I also wanted to get in because I like modding/repairing broken musical instruments/audio equipment/game consoles.

Professionally I'm a desktop support tech, and just starting to learn Python because I'd like to get into automation (I like working with hardware). Amateur welder and smoker of meats, motorcycle commuter.

Comment

I am not new to electronics repair but I am needing to ask questions that I don't have answers to.

Thank you for this forum.

Comment

Working...
                                          X