GPU Repair Guide - GPU Not Detected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPU Repair Guide - GPU Not Detected

Hi guys, I've done my best to put a guide together that should help anyone with a GPU that is not detected by the PC

As usual for me these days it is a video guide. It's rather long, at 2.5 hours but there is a lot to learn, and I divided it into chapters to make it easier to consume in a few sessions.

This video is compiled from just about all the information I have managed to find from a variety of sources. All this info is out there somewhere, so respect to the original authors - I just put it together in one package.

I honestly believe this will help anyone who has a GPU that will not detect. Or anyone who wants to learn GPU repair. I'd be interested to know what you guys think of my efforts, and anything you feel I missed or should add. Anyway, enjoy if you like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmVdl8kew_4

Richard
    Follow me on YouTube
    ------------------
    Learn Electronics Repair
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFX...R8UZ2vg/videos

Re: GPU Repair Guide - GPU Not Detected

Watched the video, very informative. Well done.

Comment

Invested the time in watching the video. Very well put together. Must have taken some amount of effort to record and edit.

I'm sure I'll go back to it many times.

Comment

Yes it took four days to record and edit (though I don't overly edit my videos)

Glad to see you liked it.
        Follow me on YouTube
        ------------------
        Learn Electronics Repair

Comment

So, YT channel "Learn Electronics Repair" is actually yours. It's a pure gold. Thank you for your time and effort.

Comment

Thank you. I'm really taken aback by how many people like the channel

Follow me on YouTube
            ------------------
            Learn Electronics Repair

Comment

It's a really great channel.
              Other guys ought to sign up.....

Comment

Thank you ��

Comment

Thank you Richard. I must say i have learnt a lot from your videos. I Appreciate the good work you do. Thank you once again.

Comment

Thanks for the informative video -- led me to this forum too.

Comment

You mentioned SMBUS on pci-e aswell. Any idea what it is used for? When I probed smbus clock and data on a working card, it had nothing going on there.

Comment

Wow, been watching your channel for a bit now and didn't know you posted here! Great video and keep them coming!

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                          You mentioned SMBUS on pci-e aswell. Any idea what it is used for? When I probed smbus clock and data on a working card, it had nothing going on there.

Yes, a lot of useful information were mentioned on the video, and I believe on the channel generally.

Answering your question, the SMBus, is just an I2C communication protocol that has other features.. now why its there, its because its the basic way for the motherboard to talk to the GPU, this is usually send that "I am a GPU device data signal" to the motherboard, now you mentioned you didn't see anything happening on the SCL and SDA pins? when did you probe them, and for how long did you do that? they must be sending something on SDA but its also barely see-able without a good oscilloscope. I hope this is correct

Comment

richard you the best.....

Comment

wander why r u using 16x raiser instead of 1x raiser and 12V power from PSU for longer cables so it is easier work with cards. 16x raiser is not good when u have some pcie line bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X