Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RCA LED42C45RQ Power, no sound or picture.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RCA LED42C45RQ Power, no sound or picture.

New to the forum. I have a somewhat similar issue to this thread:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ght=LED42C45RQ

My problem is a bit different in the fact that I can turn the TV both on and off. I'm fixing this for a friend and TV repair is a bit new to me. I was told initially that it had no power, so while waiting to get the TV, I ordered the power board. When the TV arrived, I found it had power (I have not tested the voltages using the PDF guide yet.)

After seeing the TV does have power, before I went to far off the rails, I decided on an LED tester first and I did find one bad LED. My soldering is not up to par so I am ordering one LED strip to replace it. My question is this - would the TV control board be able to sense this one failed LED and stop the TV from fully powering? I have no picture and no sound, although the screen seems to flash briefly before going black. I'm thinking I also have a bad control board, but this type of testing is out of my wheelhouse. I appreciate everyone's input - I'll be testing voltages soon and will update this post. Thank you!
    Attached Files

Re: RCA LED42C45RQ Power, no sound or picture.

Yes one bad LED can trigger protection shutdown because the feedback voltage is out of range.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=66023
    Every RCA LED TV I've encountered had bad backlights if it turned on with no backlight or flash of backlights. Impossible to get new LED strips for them so I repair the individual LEDs and turn down the backlight level as low as possible in the service menu. Menu-1-1-4-7 or source-2-5-8-0 under panel settings. I've encountered models where lowering the backlight didn't save or I couldn't adjust it with the remote cursor buttons. Some do have energy savings picture mode which run the backlight a little lower than max.

Comment

I found replacement strips for the TV. Should I replace all of them at one time? Or am I good just replacing the one and rolling with it? Thanks!

Originally posted by neilc6 View Post
      Yes one bad LED can trigger protection shutdown because the feedback voltage is out of range.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=66023
      Every RCA LED TV I've encountered had bad backlights if it turned on with no backlight or flash of backlights. Impossible to get new LED strips for them so I repair the individual LEDs and turn down the backlight level as low as possible in the service menu. Menu-1-1-4-7 or source-2-5-8-0 under panel settings. I've encountered models where lowering the backlight didn't save or I couldn't adjust it with the remote cursor buttons. Some do have energy savings picture mode which run the backlight a little lower than max.

Comment

since they're not too expensive, best policy is to replace all, because they are all the same age and likely more will go very shortly.

Comment

Working...
        X