This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi! I'd like to ask a question about a component so I'll begin here by saying "HELLO!!"

Comment

hello to all brothers, I am appleclinik, from Italy, I deal with macbook card repairs and I find your forum very interesting, a greeting

Comment

Hello everyone!

Comment

Hello all,

Cameron from the western half of the United States here. I decided to join this forum to learn more about, well, generally anything low level, but more specifically I want to learn how to patch my own BIOS (in time). I can see there are a lot of experts here, and I wish to further my own ability in circuit design, reverse engineering, bare-metal assembly language debugging and programming, and electrical engineering.

My formal education is limited to partially complete undergraduate work at a local university, where I am currently working on completing my Bachelor's degree in Computer Science with a minor in Mathematics. I have some experience with Python, some experience with Java, and some experience with C++.
          I have a very limited knowledge of C and have written programs in MIPS assembly before as well, so I do have a general understanding of how machine code works, how registers work, and what the basic functions are (arithmetic/ALU/FP functions and Jump/Branch).

As far as bare-metal goes, the only experience I have is with Arduino Uno, Due (ARM-based), and ESP-32. I have utilized the Arduino IDE to do most of this, but would love to get better at programming this stuff without IDEs.

Anyway thanks for reading, if anyone has suggestions or questions feel free to message me. Cheers.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Learning basic repair so thought I would join as the forum looks very interesting.

Cheers

Jim

Comment

Hello
              I call myself Ludovic, I am French, I am 43 years old and I live in Marseille
              I tinker and repair all kinds of electronic product:
              Telephone, switch, motherboard, hard drive, graphics card but as amateur, but I'm equipped as a professional: electron microscope, welding station / hot air, current, multimeter and thermal camera.I am basic electrician but N ' Having no basic electronic training, I have huge gap on the behavior and identification of the rich component. I have joined my experience on the forum to learn, understand and share with members

Comment

Originally posted by Thxext View Post
                New here and wanted to thank everyone. I was able to figure out my TV power supply was dead, (probably due to the half-inch of dust behind the tv blocking the vents) and order a new one easily. This forum is amazing and I am thankful to have found it.
                Thanks people i need to know what is Display rail on RX 570 8 gb i how much does it cost.

Thanks

Comment

hello

Comment

slm balıkesir de 25 yıldır.45 yaşındayım . Bilgisayar teknik servis hizmeti vermekteyim.Bu meslekte şunu öğrendim.Yıllar geçtikçe hala daha öğrenecek çok şeyimiz olduğunu herkese selamlar.

Comment

Hi! Hopefully I can get some guidance on a couple of broken TVs!

Comment

Morning
                        It appears as though I joined in 2011 and have never activated my account.
                        I was a TV/VCR/Hifi engineer from 1994-2006. I started repairing games consoles and learned reballing and other smt work, now i do a lot of repairs to most electronic equipment, I also design and build my own PCB’s for the Amiga.
                        I don’t do much TV work anymore due to the size of them, I didn’t design my workshop to cater for large TV’s.

Comment

hello

Comment

Hello, Oasis from France, 42 years old, I am a computer scientist, I do computer maintenance, just what is technical on soft and flashing of bios chips, it happens to me to look for bios bin files and I find on your forum, thank you to all.

Comment

Hello to all members:

I'm Abraham from Venezuela, as per english is not my mother language I'll apologize in advance for any grammar error,
                              I am an Electronics engineer and I work with computers every day, it's my pleasure to be on your forum.

Comment

Hi All...

A handy/technical Newbie trying to learn how to fix my Sharp 70" that has 2 long 3 short thats was struck by lighting in South NJ.

Not having luck so far. Which is why I am here.

Comment

hi,im new in here but have a little bit knowledge in repair electronics ,so hope that i can help and get helped
                                  Fouad from algeria

Comment

Hi all,

i am 28 years old, from germany and until now i just repaired measurement devices.

Now i have a faulty macbook pro and i started measuring around and it looked quite interesting. I am a newbie and need some help. So i found badcaps. Hopefully i can find some help from you.

Best regards

Comment

Hi, Im new here !

Comment

Hello -- new member from Virginia, hoping to fix an old plasma TV.

Comment

Hello Chaps - glad to have discovered this community !

Comment

Working...
                                          X