This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi all my name is Jay Jiang. I'm an electronic hobbyist.
    How I end up here?
    My macbook pro suddenly stop charging and I started to ticker around. Found couple documents here that helped me fixed the problem. This forum is pretty interesting and a lot of useful information I can dig around =).

Comment

Hi thanks for the site. Been repairing electronics for some time and looking forward to using and contributing to this resource.

Comment

Hello my name is Rikk. Thank you for having as a member of your community.
        Last edited by rikksolo72@gmail.com; 04-03-2022, 01:55 AM.

Comment

hello

Comment

Samsung 5 second cycle issue, thanks for the help...still working on it.

Comment

Hi all,
              I'm a Physicist, who has been working with fiber optics for the last 30 years. I live in Brazil and the reason I'm joining this forum is that I use to try to fix things by myself and gennerally speaking this is more a hobby than an action I do for economic reasons. i love challenges and part of my job is related with electronic devices so I considered myself capable enough to fix electronic stuff to a certain point. Very happy to join forums like this one where sharing knowledge can help people solve problems for whatever the reason is. Cheers.

Comment

hello, im currently learning how to do component level repair, unfortunately i need to save to buy some tools

Comment

Hi there, Just here for interest to see if I can expand my knowledge and skills. A bit of a newbie to be fare. But we have to start somewhere dont we..

Comment

Hello, Deadmouse here. I'm a General Electrician looking to expand my electrical knowledge from commercial wiring to the smaller scale world of electronic circuits. I've recently purchased a 2120 BK Precision 20Mhz Oscilliscope with some calibration issues, which brings me to this platform. Like everyone else here, I'm looking for answers.

Comment

Hello. My name is Hyperpista ... i try this site..maybe anyboddy help with fujitsu u7511 / 7411 / 7311 bios bump file... my bios damaged...

Comment

Hi.

Can hopefully get some PCB repair advice here.

Comment

Hello, my name is Jan - i am a 39 year old guy who has been doing software computer "repair" for a long time privately - now i am trying to get into hardware repair. my first project is to repair my ASUS Tuf-Gaming Plus b550 motherboard, which shorted one of the VRM power stages with the backside of my metal case cd-rom in my midi-tower. two components so far are known to be defect - the electrolyte condensator replacement has arrived already. as of the smd ceramic capacitor i am not sure of what to order. i can see visually that the main difference inbetween these are color (white, brown, black). the one i need to replace is supposedly brown (xr5, 7?) to do this repair correctly i would like to get access to a board schematic - which asus wonĀ“t supply, they donĀ“t name the blown parts either, as support has stated - they tried to ask the asian office but they replied saying itĀ“s a companyĀ“s secret.

thank you, i will try to attach a photo. 1. is the vrm-powerstage that shorted with the cd-romĀ“s back. 2. is the broken ceramic smd cap and 3. the electrolyte capacitor whichĀ“s replacement already is in place.
                          Attached Files

Comment

hello everyone

Comment

Hey all

I'm Erroneous, from NSW Australia. I've recently started getting into retro gaming, repairing and restoring (and retromodding) consoles, retro pc builds, stuff like that. Growing up in the mid to late 80s I had a Commodore 64 during my childhood which I loved to game on with my Dad. It eventually clapped out, and despite not really having much money my parents managed to pick up a Nintendo, followed by a Super Nintendo which I spent much of my gaming youth on.

When I was almost at high school, the decision was made that a PC would be necessary, and so my first PC, purchased from Wally's Computers (if you were in Aus in the mid 90s you probably remember the ads), was a Pentium 100Mhz, with a 1.1GB HDD and I think 8MB of RAM. CPU wise we went to a 333Mhz Celeron, Eventually we upgraded, GPU wise we at some point picked up a Voodoo 2, then later a Voodoo 3, and I believe there was a bit of lead time before we eventually jumped into the GeForce cards.

Not so long ago I decided to build myself a Windows 98 machine, and after considerable research, several iterations and tests, and quite some fandangeling, I've ended up with the below bit of kit:

AsRock P4i65G mobo
                              512Mb DDR800 RAM
                              3.0ghz/1M/800 Pentiuim 4 processor (overclocked to 3.3Ghz)
                              Radeon 9800 Pro (256MB, 256bit)
                              Soundblaster LIVE! 5.1
                              Linksys Wireless-G 2.4Ghz Wifi card
                              120GB WD Green SSD

I came across badcaps recently as I've now picked up the final bits and pieces to 'complete' this build - a case that I'm happy with with great ventilation, and a Zalman CPU cooler, and so Im considering doing a polycap mod on the motherboard, which is how I came across badcaps

Anyways howdy!

Comment

Hi,

I am electronics enthusiast fixing stuff non-profit, hobby mainly. On top of fixing I design simple circuitry around FPGA and ESP/ARM based devices for monitoring, automation etc.

I have started long time ago and over the years worked on PSUs, (now) vintage 8/16/32 bit machines until very recently attempting to explore and learn GPUs (mainly 9XX & 10XX) being on the edge of affordable. Since that's new looking to share experiences with others who are more knowledgeable in this area.

Regards,
                                mmx01

Comment

Hi , this is David from Durban, South Africa, thanks for the opportunity to be part of this forum and to associate with great minds. I am learning chip level board repair hence the need to join this platform get resources, ideas, instructions and insights from experienced techs and experts and also to contribute where i can

Comment

Hello all,

Dinko here from Croatia.
                                    Electronics engineer, tinkering around with all kinds of electronics.
                                    Often in a need of expert support, so here I am.
                                    Hoping to be of any help to other.

Cheers!

Comment

Hello every body. My name is Calen. I live in Spain, i have picked up a few gpu that i want to fix and in the process learn some electronics as a hoby.

Comment

Hi everyone.
                                        I'm Steve from the UK.
                                        I have a background in programming and in the distant past did various electronic disciplines; telecomms, tv & radio repair, computers etc.

Whilst I can have a stab at what most circuits do my practical knowledge is a little rusty so here I am...

Comment

Hello everyone.
                                          I'm from Israel. I am an electronics enthusiast, trying to fix laptops mobos aaaand for sure need a lot of knowledge to turn an enthusiast into a pro. Glad to be here at the international forum of electronics enthusiasts and professionals. What I really like here is that a stranger from another continent can help you in a friendly way, and I appreciate all of you ladies and gentlemen for that.
                                          I'd be glad to find a mentor in the study of practical electronics, a.k.a. laptops motherboard repairs.
                                          Oh, sorry for my bad English.
                                          Last edited by Sudoer; 04-04-2022, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X