ASUS X550JK - No Post with DIMM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS X550JK - No Post with DIMM

Hello guys, today i have here one X550JK.

Motherboard Info:
    X550JD REV. 2.0
    P/N: 60NB0680-MB1800

Now, this board works well with only his onboard memory.
    Turns On, POST, goes to system, everything is fine.

But once we put any RAM at extra socket, on this case original 8GB PC3(DDR3) on the DIMM, the board turn on well but doesn't make POST.
    And get stuck waiting for POST.

I already did a BIOS UPDATE well done, with Battery and DC Adpter in with EasyFlash.
    But machine dont seems to recognize any RAM that we put on DIMM Socket.

Re: ASUS X550JK - No Post with DIMM

Have you cleaned the slot with isopropyl alcohol or similar stuff?? No corrosion on pins?? ram stick tested ok??

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
      Have you cleaned the slot with isopropyl alcohol or similar stuff?? No corrosion on pins?? ram stick tested ok??
      Hello my friend, yes already did that, iso alcohol, theres no corrosion on pins and i tried with another working RAM sticks and nothing.

Comment

Have you tested the onboard RAM .
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
          Have you tested the onboard RAM .
          Yes, onboard RAM works fine, it let me goes to system and windows.
          But with RAM on DIMM Socket forget... no POST

Comment

Test the onboard RAM with memtest86 .The onboard ram can be disabled if theres any problem with it.
            Last edited by SMDFlea; 02-07-2020, 09:37 AM.
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
              Test the onboard RAM with memtest86 .The onboard ram can be disabled if theres any problem with it.
              Ok test is done and for 5 times its about 60 Min almost testing... nothing of errors...

Comment

Try with DDR3L just to make sure…

I have an X550LC board with the same problem, haven't been able to solve it. Before it stopped working completely with a RAM stick, it was taking several minutes to turn on (with a RAM stick), Obviously I flashed BIOS but that didn't solve it (or I was very unlucky to get 2 or 3 BIOS with problem with removable RAM). RAM slot tester didn't show anything wrong.
                OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post

I have an X550LC board with the same problem, haven't been able to solve it. Before it stopped working completely with a RAM stick, it was taking several minutes to turn on (with a RAM stick), Obviously I flashed BIOS but that didn't solve it (or I was very unlucky to get 2 or 3 BIOS with problem with removable RAM). RAM slot tester didn't show anything wrong.
                  I did the test with memtest, only with on-board memory, I will try to test and wait for post with RAM on socket DIMM and see if there's POST after some time and test with memtest again.
                  But I think there's a problem with socket because when I put any RAM do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post

HI there, I already flash BIOS to last release available at support website, does not solve the issue like you, I keep RAM stick at socket for 1 day, all time turned ON, nothing new... No Post at all.
                    I try a old pci post card I have here but seems it doesn't do nothing... Show "no" and on 4 digit (04f1).
                    Could be a problem from southbrige?

Comment

Working...
                    X