Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox One S turns off after 1 second

Hi all,

I am a relative newbie to electronics repair, but I've been able to fix a number of consoles and everyone here has helped me to fix a couple TVs. I'm stuck on an Xbox One S.

• When I press power, it beeps, and the white light comes on for 1 second, then it turns off. The fan does not spin.
    • When I plug in the power cord, before pressing power, the fan does not do its normal 1/8 to 1/2 turn/spin.

I have tried:
    • Removing the mobo from the console, and just trying to start it with the PSU, fan, and front panel with the power button. Same results.
    • I tested the three 12V rails for shorts with my multimeter, and there were none.
    • I am not an expert, but I looked up some Youtube videos on how to check the mosfets with my multimeter, and all three appear to test fine for continuity and also voltages in diode mode.
    • I tried reflowing the first 4 RAM chips on the bottom corner of the board (I have a hot air/soldering station), as I've read they usually go bad first.
    • All the caps seem fine.
    • I tried mashing the Eject button for a minute. It beeps every time, and the white light comes on and goes off, and it does not power up fully.

I'm out of ideas. I don't have a thermal scanner or the ability to reball. Can anyone please help me? I am trying to learn how to troubleshoot these better. Feel free to link any resources or videos and I'll be happy to review them.

Re: Xbox One S turns off after 1 second

there are not 3 mosfets, there are something like 9 or more

Comment

Thank you. Do you know any resources or videos that would show me how to test all nine?

Edit: I forgot to include this in the initial post, but I also see no physical damage to the board at all. Looks pristine.
      Last edited by Muggz; 05-01-2022, 01:50 PM.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/user/lufcfan2004/videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfO...FVb8pYw/videos

Comment

Working...
        X