Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 LG TV's in same room, one remote turns both on or off ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 LG TV's in same room, one remote turns both on or off ...

I have 2 LG TV's in a room. It seems the power button is the only IR button on the remote, since pressing the power button on either remote turns on/off both TV's. Once turned on, the remotes only work on their respective TV's (that is a setting I set on each, I gave each it's own ID)

I have "solved" the issue by putting electrical tape over most of the sensor on front of the TV's so they dont pick up the other remote's signal, but I was wondering of there was a more elegant electrical fix that could be done on the board of the remote and/or TV to make the remotes power button truly independant
    Last edited by SluggerB; 05-22-2022, 02:31 PM.

Re: 2 LG TV's in same room, one remote turns both on or off ...

hahah this is really funny project.. open each RC and put black plastic ring ( should cover the end of LED ) on the IR LED so it will be focused at straight direction LOL

Comment

Re: 2 LG TV's in same room, one remote turns both on or off ...

Originally posted by Diah View Post
      hahah this is really funny project.. open each RC and put black plastic ring ( should cover the end of LED ) on the IR LED so it will be focused at straight direction LOL
      I accomplished basically the same thing by taping over the reciever. I was wondering if there was a way to replace a component in the remote and/or TV to make it distinct

Comment

Working...
      X