Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung 65 Dead NO power NO standby light won't turn on

Originally posted by lotas View Post
    Most likely, the firmware of the standby mode IC1604 25Q40 flew off, as always in the "MU" series. Do you have main BN41-02570B?
    From post 1 i think his main is a BN94-12295K

Comment

I mean textolite.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
        I mean textolite.
        sorry i get what you meant now post 7 has a picture pity white sticker over that number but from the first few didgits you can see your probably rite.

Comment

Yes, this is it, now it remains to read the data from the IC1604 programmer and put the dump here, I will check it.
          Attached Files

Comment

Re: Samsung UN65MU8000FXZA Dead NO power NO standby light won't turn on

Thanks for replying.
            Those are the exact numbers on my board posted in your image from post #22.

This is a bit over my head:
            "now it remains to read the data from the IC1604 programmer and put the dump here"

if it's a firmware update and the board still lives - that would be great. Although how do you do a firmware update on a brick?

Comment

have you got a programmer thats capable of reading and writing a 25Q40 ic if not look into a ch341a very easy too use and really cheap

Comment

If the content is corrupted (dump), I will fix it and write the corrected dump back to this spi flash.

Comment

Thanks. I don't have a programmer. I just looked into them on Amazon - very affordable but might be above my skill level. If these just plug into the chip and then USB I can probably handle it.

Also, I can't find a bios link anywhere on this site or the internet for this MB. From the ch341a I could clear the eeprom and download the info from a link? Is there more to it than that?
                  Last edited by rgla; 12-01-2021, 10:15 AM.

Comment

I will fix your native bios for you, I need to look at it.

Comment

f you are engaged in TV repairs, then it is better to buy the RT809F programmer, with CH341A there will be many problems to correctly program the 25Q40

Comment

thanks Lotas

I'm trying to repair a tv I own. But I am learning a lot. I am not a professional.
                        How will you be able to repair native bios from abraod?

I will wait to hear from you. Thank you

Comment

First, I need you to post your non-working firmware.

Comment

Well, almost good news.
                            I got a used mainboard. Installed it. Power is on and picture is up BUT half the screen is darker on one side (some faint lines going from top to bottom on left side of screen when screen is black)
                            Also, the remote only turns the TV on and off. No other functions. I tried taking out batteries and holding power button to reset but it didn't work

Comment

How do I know what the firmware version is? is it the version of the TV FCO4?

Comment

Originally posted by rgla View Post
                                How do I know what the firmware version is? is it the version of the TV FCO4?
                                Usually, in the settings for updating the software, you show which version is currently installed.

Comment

Best thing to do is add photos, it gives the more experienced members more informed detail of whats happening.
                                  Sadly though sounds like panel fault as well as backlight fault but photos will confirm.

Comment

If the remote control is for bluetooth, then you must first register the remote control and the TV itself.

Comment

Originally posted by rgla View Post
                                      Well, almost good news.
                                      I got a used mainboard. Installed it. Power is on and picture is up BUT half the screen is darker on one side (some faint lines going from top to bottom on left side of screen when screen is black)
                                      Before you lost electricity, did Samsung perform well?
                                      And what is your used board from the same diagonal of the TV?

Comment

Picture is still darker on one half of the screen.
                                        Vertical lines (greenish yellow) on dark half.
                                        tiny horizontal black lines on brighter half of screen

updated Firmware to 1300.3

Comment

Thanks again

I'll try and answer multiple questions from above here:

Yeah, sometimes I'm dumb. Just had to pair the remote with the TV.

The TV was working PERFECT before the power outage.

I bought the EXACT same board that was in the TV.

I reset when I got the screen up. Half the screen is still darker. Attached photo below.

The backlights seem to be working good. They appear to be the same brightness when viewed from the rear of the TV with back off.

Is part of the used board I got bad?
                                          Internet says bad T-con board causes split screen but I don't think this TV has a t-con board or it's part of the MB

thanks again
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X