Am I likely to have damaged the LCD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I likely to have damaged the LCD

So I'm inexperienced and I set the TV up to check the led backlights up on my bed.

Then ofcourse I instantly realised where am I going to sleep should have picked the couch till the replacement strips came but I put a long canvas to keep the screen from bending and my thumb and finger in the middle of the screen verticaly and the edge of each side horizontaly I lifted the panel with the panel staying vertical at all times and placed it in another region

I should add it was 55 inch :/ Panasonic TV. 55DX600B incase some panels are more weak as I see lots of Samsung's with smashed screens easily.

I'm wondering if anyone else had did this though I doubt and to what extent the result was as I'm sure it might be damaged but I will update if miraculously it didn't.
    Last edited by Fixing222; 08-24-2019, 10:29 AM.

Re: Am I likely to have damaged the LCD

Give it a good visual inspection, you may not have broken it, they do brake REAL easy tho.

Comment

Use you cell phone flashlight to look through the panel for cracks.

Comment

Lifting a panel to the vertical from a flat position is a good recipe for a broken panel. A panel simply cannot support its own weight when lifted from the edges. I use a pair of dual suction cups to lift panels off of a chassis (which is lying flat). I then store them vertically leaned against a wall.

As mentioned above, look thru the panel with a light and look for cracks.

Comment

Originally posted by SLK001 View Post
          Lifting a panel to the vertical from a flat position is a good recipe for a broken panel. A panel simply cannot support its own weight when lifted from the edges. I use a pair of dual suction cups to lift panels off of a chassis (which is lying flat). I then store them vertically leaned against a wall.

As mentioned above, look thru the panel with a light and look for cracks.
          To keep this post updated. Thanks will definitely be better prepped if I do again, thanks for tip I managed to set all up today and I was lucky, no damage thankfully though I do maybe see slight backlight where I replaced showing through maybe on picture it's not noticeable to me watching normally.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Fixing222; 08-30-2019, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Good job - the panel gods were on your side this time.

A lot of times, a repaired LED will show these hot spots due to the lens not being replaced in its exact prior position. The way I do it is to place the lens using 5 minute epoxy and looking straight down on the LED, center the lens so that the LED is centered in the view. Before I determined the better technique, I had to redo many a panel in order to fix this.

Comment

Nice plants in pic #1

Comment

Working...
              X