Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS4 WLOD repair - need help.

Hello!

I have a ps4 for a repair. I have replaced HDMI IC, HDMI port is ok and have replaced it before and it was working fine for about year after the repair.
    And now again WLOD have appeared. I have tried to replace HDMI IC but it did nothing.

I have attached picture with my measurements. Can someone help me to solve the problem?

Thank you!

Diodes seems ok when are desoldered.

I have checked filters too and filters are ok.

D4 is OK.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by icanic; 12-06-2019, 08:12 AM.

Re: PS4 WLOD repair - need help.

That HDMI port is very crooked.

Are you sure you don't have adjacent pint touching each other? I would remove and re-solder the HDMI port. This is a difficult repair, and I do not think you installed the HDMI port correctly.

Comment

Well, your first issue is that the HDMI port needs to be replaced.

The black backer plate of the port has been pushed back. The right most three pins are pushed in.

The pins should look nice and in alignment with enough solder to wet the pad without globbing or shorting to the adjacent pins. (see my picture below)

When you installed the connector, are the pins sitting flat against the board?
      Attached Files
      -Thomas
      I'm a hardware engineer focused on networking equipment for my day job. I void warranties and fix consumer electronics for fun.

Comment

Would you mind posting a higher resolution photo of your board? Lets work through this.
        -Thomas
        I'm a hardware engineer focused on networking equipment for my day job. I void warranties and fix consumer electronics for fun.

Comment

Re: PS4 WLOD repair (no picture) - need help.

hdmi port look pushed in . if that happens it will never work no matter how everything is soldered. The hdmi encoders dont really fail on those models like that. ive seen people try to replace the hdmi ports and leave solder bridges across the pins , dropped port to clear shorts put port back in perfect ps4 came right up. No encoder change needed.

Comment

Yeah definetely the HDMI port is pushed in - the black plastic at the back of it should be flush with the metal frame, not bulging out. You have to replace the HDMI connector for sure - then see what it does

Be careful to order the correct HDMI connectors - I got some from Ali-express that were upside-down. Once i fitted the correct type (another cycle of desoldering and resoldering) all was fine
            Follow me on YouTube
            ------------------
            Learn Electronics Repair
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFX...R8UZ2vg/videos

Comment

Working...
            X